Hello, Sanna here again. While organizing my stash, a cards & pockets product caught my eye. I immediately thought of an interactive Artist Trading Card project that I wanted to create.
- Take the kraft paper pocket and the ARTplorations Some Birds stencil. Apply black waterproof ink thru the stencil onto the surface to create a row of birds starting to fly.
- Next take the card inside the pocket (if you don´t have the exact same pocket, use a small kraft envelope for this purpose) and use a light orange and bright yellow spray ink tone and ink the background in those colors.
- Take a leftover piece/random piece of paper that goes with the color scheme and apply black ink thru the Some Birds stencil here and there. Then use various sized circle punches and punch circles (with the bird images on them).
- Take a piece of old book paper and the ARTplorations Hearts all Over stencil. Apply red waterproof ink onto the paper thru the stencil.
- Rip the edge of the paper and adhere the piece onto the left side of the misted card. Next assembly the punched circles onto the ATC. Glue down and cut residue/overlapping parts away with scissors.
- Attach a light blue mini clothespin on top of the card. That makes it easier to pull the card out of the pocket. Apply white texture spray onto the ATC surface and let air dry.
- Stamp sentiments from the STAMPlorations Trendy Birds 2 clear stamp set with black ink onto old book paper. The one with the "you can fly" text will be adhered onto the pocket and the "spread your wings" sentiment goes to the ATC.
- Outline the stamped sentiments with black paint pen.
- Finally, outline the black birds on the pocket with a white paint pen to create more contrast.
Here is also a start-to-finish video about the creating process:
I hope you get inspired to get your product out and play!!! Have fun!
STAMPlorations - Trendy Birds 2 clear stamp set
ARTplorations - Hearts All Over stencil
ARTplorations - Some Birds stencil