Hello Crafty Friends! It's Monika here today sharing how I created some magic on a die-cut luggage tag. Here is the finished project:
- die cut the large tag from the CUTploratiosn Luggage Tag Nesting Dies
- stamp the large lighthouse in black Memento and add a little shading using alcohol markers
- add some yellow rays
- mask both the lighthouse and rays with a light coat of Mod Podge. When masking the rays, I pulled my brush strokes over the edge allowing the brush to become dry to achieve the effect you can see in the finished tag
- once the Mod Podge is dry, blend with two shades of dye ink (I used tempting Turquoise and Pacific point)
- at this point you can wipe any of the blue off your mod-podged areas using a lightly damp tissue and gentle touch
- using the Dots All Over ARTplorations stencil and a wet baby wipe, bleach out some dots
- stamp some script and lines (Mixed Media Elements) into the still damp ink, it will add some nice texture once dried
- use the line stamp and water to bleach out some lines for a dappled effect
- stencil Some Birds using the darker blue of the inks you used
- apply Black Stars Sparkle Medium through the Foiled stencil towards the bottom of your tag
- add a partial cloud using Coconut Ice embossing powder and the Clouds stencil for some added texture which can be better seen in the photo below
- die cut the CUTplorations Word Die Magical from matching card and snip off the 'al' to create your word 'Magic'
- Stamp the word 'Create' in black Memento Luxe ink and clear emboss to speed up drying on the non porous surfaces of your embossing and Mod Podge masking
- add some sparkly doodles with a gel pen which can be best seen when zooming in on the photo, but add real sparkle once they catch the light, just difficult to photograph
- add matching gems and fibers to finish
Here you can see the tag catching the sunlight with a little shimmer.
That's it from me for today. Hope I have inspired you to create your own magic. Have a lovely day!
Here is what I used:
Dots All Over, Some Birds, Foiled, Clouds
Mixed Media Elements, Bold Sentiments: Create
Luggage Tags Nesting Dies, Magical Word Die