Hello everyone, Sanna here today with a fun and easy to do stencil background idea I used on this tag:
- Download and print the ColorBloomsSampler file on thick cardstock (see this post for the download file).
- Color the blooms of the printed file with Distress Crayons and water.
- Take the ARTplorations Big Bloom Factory (L) stencil, place it on a kraft sheet and start applying VersaMark ink onto it.
- Then place a white tag over the inked area and use a brayer to press the ink onto the tag.
- Remove the stencil and apply white embossing powder on top. Dab off the residue and heat set the powder with a heat gun.
- Next press Distress Ink (squeezed lemon, shabby shutters, wild honey) onto a kraft sheet, add water spray on top and using a paint brush apply the ink onto the tag surface. Let air dry or use a heat gun to dry.
- Now fussy cut the colored blossoms from the digital sheet and adhere onto the tag overlappingly.
- Take a piece of old book paper and stamp a sentiment with the STAMPlorations Fond Expressions stamp set and black ink onto the book page. Fussy cut along the edges and adhere to the tag.
- Decorate the blossoms with white gel pen, dab black texture spray splatters here and there for additional interest and choose ribbon in matching colors and attach with a piece of yarn to the tag.
- Add faux stitching along the edges with a black pen.
- Add a butterfly for decoration.
This is how the finished tag looks like:
I hope you enjoyed this little stencil idea. You could also use different embossing powder colors for a different look (imagine a black tag background with golden embossing powder - that might look really interesting too!!).
Have fun creating and see you soon,
ARTplorations Big Bloom Factory (L) stencil
STAMPlorations Fond Expressions Clear Stamp Set