Hop along with the STAMPlorations girls in the TYPOGRAFIA In Faith mini hop for a chance to win your choice of 3 stamps in the Typografia In Faith line! Click here. (ends 10/23)
***
We have the winner for the TYPOGRAFIA Motivate mini hop! If you hopped last week, click here to see if it's you!


Monday, November 28, 2016

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Mini Canvas Wall Hanging by Monika


Hello Crafty Friends! It's Monika here today with a Mixed Media Tutorial. I thought I'd progress to working with canvas, four of them to be precise, to make this little Christmas present.


I started off with a pack of mini framed canvas, the ARTplorations Bubbles Stencil some pretty paper with a small pattern, a gel pen and my latest PaperArtsy colours Zesty Zing and London Bus, both translucent to allow some of the underlying paper to shine through.


I tore the paper and glued it to the canvas. A torn edge makes for a smoother transition between paper and canvas.
Once dry I brushed my colours on, very randomly and not too bothered about perfect coverage.


Once dry, I used the Bubbles stencil to draw on some circles with a white gel pen.


Next I stamped the torn newspaper from the Mixed Media Grunge set in black Memento.


I stamped and fuzzy cut the large butterfly from the Blossom Like A Butterfly set and the matching small butterfly from the Gone Postal set. I ended up using one large and three small ones.


I then added a little Zesty Zing to my multi purpose filler and used it to stencil the words Happy, Love and Hugs from the ARTplorations Hello And Company Stencil.


Once dry, I added some shading using copper shimmery Decorating Chalk before attaching the butterflies. I also went over the stenciled words to pick up some texture as you can see in the close-ups of the finished project.

I added some sequins and gave each canvas a protective coat of Mod Podge before attaching them to a strip of burlap.
TIP!: To stop the burlap from fraying add a thin line of glue, Mod Podge or clear nail varnish to the edges.






That's it from me for today. Hope you feel inspired to create a little canvas and maybe link it up with our Mixed Media Challenge. There is still time left to play this month.

Have a lovely week!
hugs
Monika xxx


ARTplorations Stencils: BubblesHello And Company
preview-web-stencil-008-bubbles.jpeg preview-web-stencil-010-bigwords.jpeg

STAMPlorations Stamps: Mixed Media GrungeBlossom Like A ButterflyGone Postal
MixedMediaElements-preview.jpeg preview-BlossomLikeAButterfly preview-SheryRuss_GonePostal copy

6 comments:

  1. Such a fun and fabulous project, thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project and so attractive.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Loved reading each of your steps and admiring each photo Monika. Your hanging canvas turned out beautifully and is a true "Work of Art". TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun project.
    Doesn't take a lot of room
    and it goes together fast.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love this project - especially the gorgeous oranges you used:)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from fellow crafters! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...