Friday, April 07, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Melissa Creates a Calendar


Hi! I'm here to share a bright, Springy, mixed media calendar with you today. I hope you enjoy seeing the process I used to create it.

Here's the finished mini calendar page that I made using the ARTplorations stencils Dots All Over,


I thoroughly enjoyed making the calendar (above) for this month's Anything Goes Mixed Media Challenge. So, I decided to CASE that and create a tutorial while making a second.

 See the original on the right (above) and the one for this tutorial on the left.
1. I started with a panel of watercolor paper.
 2. I added some blue and purple watercolors.
 2. I allowed the panel to dry and
                                added white embossing paste through the Leaf Prints stencil.

 3. I allowed the leaves to dry and then added a variety of green and yellow watercolor paints to the leaves and panel.
 4. Using a piece of balled up plastic kitchen wrap, I dabbed on some gold embossing paste.
 5. I toned down some of the background by adding some white acrylic paint. 


7. I designed the little calendar as a word document and printed it onto white cardstock. It measures about 4" x 2 1/4" or 4 cm x 5.75 cm.

8. I added the white and green panels and the mini calendar.

9. I added Some Birds.

 10. I sponged gold pigment ink onto the edges and other random places of the calendar.
 11. I added glitter embossing paste through the Dots All Over stencil.


 
 12. To finish, I attached the mini calendar with foam tape.



 That's all I have for today. I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial and look forward to reading your comments. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Grace & Peace,

melissastamplorationsdtbadge

ARTplorations Stencils:

preview-web-stencil-077-DotsAllOverpreview-web-stencil-037-somebirdspreview-web-stencil-001-leaves-large.jpeg

4 comments:

  1. Looks an interesting project - thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE all your mixed media textures and fun bright colors Melissa. TFS your calendar and photos. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous mixed media calender - love the colours and texture - brilliant tutorial too, thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)