Thursday, July 20, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Inlaid Birds with Deepti!



Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to another spotlight feature. I am loving the latest stamp club set and here is one more way you can get creative with For the Birds. I did some inlaid die cutting on this one. Here's the look...


STEP 1
I started out by cutting strips of pastel paper, these strips are slightly bigger that an inch in width. I then stuck these on a white panel.





STEP 2
I then stamped the sentiment and birds with Versamark ink, to get a subtle watermark effect.



STEP 3
I die cut the birds from white card stock 3 times and stuck those together, this will be the backing for my die cut birds from the pastel panel





STEP 4
I die cut those same birds from the panel and glued them with the white ones.




STEP 5
In my final step, I stuck the pastel panel on card base and in laid the die cut birds like a piece of a puzzle.



Here is a closeup of the card :)



I have used For the Birds and For the Birds Dies

ForTheBirds-preview  FortheBirdscoordinatingdies-preview


That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy paper crafting!

6 comments:

  1. Creative and fun...thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deepti this is awesome - love your versamark stamping as well as the inlaid birds.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun technique and pretty result. Love this. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful! I love those stamps and dies, they are high on my wish list! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)