Wednesday, July 19, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Creates A Flock Of Birds


I've been playing with the latest stamp club set, For The Birds, and the coordinating die set, to make a flock of distressed birdies.


I started off by cutting several single birds and several perched birds, then smooshed some Distress Inks onto a sheet of acetate, spritzing with water.



I kept the blues and greens apart from the brown so I didn't end up with mud, and proceeded to dunk my birds into their bird bath.  Some of them got more of a dunking than others!



For my first card, I cut a panel using the Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies.  This kraft card had been brayered with red paint and didn't look very nice, so I sponged Distress Oxides over it to calm it down a bit.  Then I stamped the sentiment and mounted the perched birds across the panel, allowing the diecut to overlap the sides of the panel.



For my next trick I sponged some Distress Oxides around a card panel, moving it round as I sponged, then removed it altogether.  I stamped the sentiment, then squiggled a frame to define the rectangle shape, and mounted the bird.  I spritzed the outer areas of the card with water and blotted dry.


And for my final card, well it ended up not being a card.  I decided to make an ATC then at the last minute changed it to a gift tag.


The music background stamp comes from  Scribbly Splattery Grunge, the sentiment is from Sentiment Builders: Thank You and the watermarked 'Authentic' which you can just about make out, is from Bold Sentiments: Hashtag Authentic.

The rest of the birds are waiting to fly onto their own new cards.

If you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, remember to link up your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.

  
   

10 comments:

  1. Great save on your first card and love all those creative colours together. Great technique on the second card and what a fun tag x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool projects are fab ideas. You rock. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful birds and fabulous cards - love how you coloured the die cuts, and the sponged background on the second card with the 'doodled' frame is stunning
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab makes, the watercolored birds look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)