Monday, October 16, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Mixed Media Houses by Susanne

Hi there!
I have two cute mixed media houses to share. I used the Tim Holtz Tiny Houses die and decorated it with a photo of my grand mother on the arms of her mother.
I got a box full of old photos from my family. Those are perfect to use on some vintage art work. I scanned them and made printables in different sizes. I don't like to use foreign people in my work, because I have no relation to them.
If you don't have old photos you can pick newer ones instead and edit them with photo filter.


1. Cover the chipboard pieces with gesso and apply DecoArt media Crackle Paste with the "Ethnic Organic Two" stencil. Let it dry completely.

2. Cover everything with DecoArt Media Antiquing Creme. Wipe it off when it's dry with a baby wipe.

3. Pick the roofs and stamp some of the "Trendy Leaves 2" onto them. Use ColourCraft Aztec Metallics Silver and smear the edges.

4. Use Brusho pigments to colour your houses. Use stamps from the "Scribbly Splattery Grunge" set for some more texture.

5. Add your main image and sentiments (these are from the "The Birds and The Blooms" set) before you glue the houses together.

I hope you like my houses. Here are some close-ups:
The tiny flower is made with die cuts from the Trendy Spring Bloom Dies. The Sentiment is from the "Create" stamp set.
Thank you for stopping by today!
xx Susanne.



Supplies:
ARTplorations:
Ethnic Organic Two
STAMPlorations:
Trendy Leaves 2
The Birds and The Blooms 
Scribbly Splattery Grunge
Create 
CUTplorations:
Trendy Spring Bloom Dies
Others:
DecoArt Media Crackle Paste
DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream
ColourCraft Aztec Metallics
ColourCraft Brushos (Purple, Orange, Moss Green, Turquoise, Crimson)
Tim Holtz Houses die

8 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)