Wednesday, November 22, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Monika Adds Floating Dimension


Hello Crafty Friends! It's Monika here today showing you how to create dimension with a wow factor. The feathers really jump out at you once pulling this card from an envelope. I am working with STAMPlorations' current Stamp Club set Feathery and its matching Feathery Dies.


I started off heat embossing and die-cutting several feathers, a couple more then I would need for my card. The embossing powder is a mix of several including pink, red, holographic and some with glitter. All were left over from a project I made a while back.


I then used some ready mixed magenta watercolour to initially lay down some base colour and then little flicked brush strokes to add texture to the feathers.


While the feathers were drying, I lightly spritzed the base card with gold and purple ink.


I cut one 5cm (2 inches) and one 6cm (2 1/2 inches) piece from a 2.5cm (1 inch) wide strip of acetate, scored them at 1.5cm (just over 1/2 inch) from one end and 1cm (just under 1/2 inch) from the other end and Z-folded them before adding strips of double sided tape to the tabs.


To assemble my card, I first stamped my sentiment.


Next, I attached the first feather directly to my card.


I attached the second feather using the smaller of my acetate Zs with the larger tab holding the feather itself.


To finish, I attached the third feather using the larger acetate Z. The beauty of using acetate for dimension is that you not only get more dimension than you would using foam pads or silicon glue, you also get a little bit of movement for added fun.


Here are a few close ups with shadows to give you a better idea of the floating effect.




That's it from me for today. If you fancy adding some floating dimension to one of your projects or make a project using any of the techniques shared by my teamies in their Spotlight Posts, make sure to link up your makes with our Spotlight Project gallery.


Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

preview-Featherypreview-Featherydies



5 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)