Wednesday, December 13, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Monika Makes A Last Minute Gift


Hello Crafty Friends! Today's project is one you can easily make as a last minute gift for a friend. Why not get your kids involved and make it as a gift for their teacher? I am using Feathery with its matching dies, one of our Stamp Club sets to make a set of note cards in a box.



The box takes 5 cards and envelopes.


I stamped the large peacock feather and one of the sentiments in black Versafine on the front of all 5 cards using my stamping tool.


I then stamped the same feather in Smokey Slate on the envelopes and the inside of my cards.



Using black Versafine, I stamped and die-cut 5 more feathers.


Next I added some colour using brush markers.


To make the box envelope using my envelope/1-2-3 punch board, I got the envelope measurements matching my card size (10x10 cm/4x4 inches) added 2cm/1inch to each side and cut my piece of card (20x20 cm/8x8 inches). I then aligned my piece using as if I was to make the envelope without the added cms/inch, scored the line and punched the first notch. I then moved the piece along 2cm/1inch and scored an punched again. I turned my card and finished off all the sides each time aligning both scorelines in turn on the left before punching and scoring on the right.


The cards and envelopes will sit nicely inside my box envelope.


I assembled my box, added the die-cut feathers, some twine and a charm to finish.


Here are a few more photos of the finished project.




That's it from me for today. If you fancy making a last minute gift or make a project using any of the techniques shared by my teamies in their Spotlight Posts, make sure to link up your makes with our Spotlight Project Gallery here.


Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx


Here is what I used:

preview-Feathery preview-Featherydies

5 comments:

  1. Such a personal and fabulous gift idea...Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wonderful box and cards design, Monika. It will make a beautiful and useful gift. TFS your box design too. Happy Holidays my friend. Hugs and Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)