Wednesday, February 21, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Makes Oxide Backgrounds




Hi peeps!  I've been making more backgrounds with Distress Oxides.  I cut three card panels and smooshed them through Distress Oxides, and once they were dry I stamped Mixed Media Grunge images in Faded Jeans.

Using the Mini Foiled Again ARTplorations stencil I added some texture with modelling paste.

As the white modelling paste dried, it absorbed some of the colour from the Oxides, blending nicely with the background.  I stamped a couple of images and mounted them onto the panel, adding sentiments.

This one uses Becca's Buttercups and Butterflies and coordinating dies and Happy die, and the next one uses Shery's Coffee For All Seasons and Sketchy Coffee Cups.

If I've inspired you to create some Oxide grunge backgrounds why not add yours to our Spotlight Project Showcase.  And when you're shopping at the store, don't forget to use my code STAMPGIRLSHIRLEY for 20% off all stamps, stencils and dies.




9 comments:

  1. Such great cards! I love them! I think I need to get some distressed oxides now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me inspired to make some DOX'd backgrounds, Shirley. I love your ATC backgrounds with your stenciled with paste images, die cut flower and fun coffee mug. Love all 3 of your ATC's my friend. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous mixed media projects, with gorgeous colours, elements and stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Love all the backgrounds you created. Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)