- cut three pieces each
- stamp the sundaes using archival ink and colour them using water colours (mine are slightly chalky for a more opaque finish) before fussy cutting them and adding some glossy accents to the cherries and strawberry sauce
- stamp the 'sweet friend' sentiment and edge the pieces using bright pink ink
- cut some strips of designer paper from left overs before stating to assemble card
- layer the pieces for your inner panels
- make sure that all tabs point towards the right hand side and stick the three main pieces together and trim the tabs off the last one
- attach strips of designer paper and stamp the 'happy birthday' sentiment from theSKETCHED Simple Gift set at the top and bottom of the frames bearing in mind that the front of the folded card will need to be stamped too (this will be the reverse of the far left panel)
- attach sundaes, the glossy accents should have dried by now, and 'sweet friend' sentiment and finish off with some gems or whatever takes your fancy (I added some tiny punched daisies and a spot of candyfloss glitter glue)
- fold pieces and attach the tabs of the inner panels (in my card they're the pink ones)
TIP! With this type of card, it is best to decorate all the pieces before fully assembling the inner panels. That way they're still lying flat.
Sugar Rush is the December 2014/January 2015 set in the STAMPlorations stamp club! We've got lots of perks, including a free 4" by 6" stamp set like Trendy Butterflies sent every 3rd shipment (or immediately after signing up for the semi-annual subscription) and ARTplorations stencils ($10 value) to every stamp club package mailed out to subscribers! For more info and to sign up, click here.
Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for January. We'll pick a commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner on February 1!