I first stamped the helenium in the center and masked it off before stamping the frame and removing the mask from the flower. Next I coloured my flower using Promarkers, created a mask for the frame (positive) and kept the off-cut (negative) too. I used this to mask around my frame and sponged a little Regal Rose, Marina Mist and Wild Wasabi (pink, blue and green) inside my frame. I then removed the mask from around the frame and used the positive mask to mask off the frame before stamping the helenium either side in black. To finish I removed the mask, stamped my sentiment, and layered on a peach coloured base card.
Next up is the card I made as a 'warm up'.
Sometimes it is good to have a little play with a vague idea as a way of finding out where it is taking you. This is what I did here. Again I stamped the helenium in the center, masked, stamped my frame and masked again before stamping the flowers either side of the frame. Leaving both masks in place, I coloured the outer flowers and sponged a little Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi and Marina Mist. I then removed both masks, stamped my sentiment and layered on a white base card.
TIP! Use the colour of your base card to highlight your main image. In my cards, the peach helps to highlight the single coloured flower, whereas the white base card helps to highlight the b&w helenium.
There is a little craft along video on how I made my first card.
Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for August. We'll pick ONE (1) commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner on the first week of September!