I stamped one large daisy and several smaller flowers in a random fashion onto mixed media paper.
I used an acrylic block for a palette, squishing various Distress Ink minis. Several of the colours were left over from a previous session. I just let them sit there until I want to use them again. If I want a complete new start, I spritz the block and wipe the colours onto a page in my journal. The middle brush is my "slosher", the top brush is the "splatterer", and the bottom brush is for detail.
I pulled in some of the Antique Linen colour and added some very diluted hints of colour on the flowers.
I stamped the sentiment in Versafine Smoky Grey because I didn't want a strong contrast.
I mounted the panel onto card, at which point I decided it was too similar to this spotlight project I did a few weeks ago. So, not wanting to short-change you, I started again.
This time I used watercolour paper (by accident - I thought I'd picked up some more mixed media paper). It was a bit smaller than the first piece but I re-stamped the images in roughly the same position.
I added some purples and greens to my palette.
Added some diluted colours to the petals.
I painted (well, all right then, sloshed) several layers of wash on the background, deepening the colour around the main flower.
I mounted the panel onto white card. The white helps to highlight the purples in the background.