Wednesday, May 20, 2015

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Transforms a Circle Stamp




Apart from the sentiments, there's only one stamp in these two cards - the circle from the Retro Mod Shapes set. See it in the centre of the pack there?


Originally I was going to create the card on the left using the sponging technique, but decided I would create another card using the watercolouring technique at the same time. I got one piece of mixed media card and one piece of white card. On the mixed media card, I sponged Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade, and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks, then stamped the circle image on both cards.


Then I set to work with my Posca pen and drew various petal shapes around the circles, and sloshed some Distress Inks on the flowers on the right-hand card.



Next, I drew in some stalks with the Posca pen and added some dots and marks in the flower centres with a fineliner.



On the other card I used a white pen to add detail and highlights.



Then it was just a case of adding the sentiment and mounting the panel onto a base card. For the bright panel I chose black card to contain all the bright colour.


And for the white panel I chose a pink card to frame the white.



The sentiment is made up of 'birthday' from Blossom Overture and 'Wishes' from Sentiment Builders: Love.

I hope I've inspired you to transform some of your stamps.



Stamps Shirley used in today's project:

      


Blossom Overture is the February/March 2015 set in the STAMPlorations stamp club! We've got lots of perks, including free worldwide shipping, a free 4" by 6" stamp set sent every 3rd shipment (or immediately after signing up for the semi-annual subscription) and choice of 2 ARTplorations stencils ($10 value) in every stamp club package mailed out to subscribers! For more info and to sign up, click here.


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for May. We'll pick ONE (1) commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner on the first week of June!

23 comments:

  1. These are awesome! Love the free feel they portray. Beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Shirley, great use of the stamp and such a pretty result. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever; it would not have occurred to me to transform a circle into a flower using a pen. I mean - isn't that what flower stamps are for??? I love that each flower is unique though - can't do that with stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love these, so simple yet so eye catching. Now I need to go shopping.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. So inventive! Both these cards look awesome! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you always do amazing things with this set. Love the happy bright flowers. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so excited to see another fabulous way to use this stamp set - you are delightfully talented and I love how you just sketched in all those beautiful blooms!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inspired me?? You have blown me away with these fabulous creations from just one stamp!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Creative way to use the circle stamp !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great ideas for using a regular circle stamp - love the little black and white dots you added to the flowers - very creative:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great transformation. Shirley, you are truely an artist to do this transformation...I cannot even draw a straight line!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun. This shows what a great card you can make with "doodling"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic! So creative! I love the colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to see how your genius creativeness works - fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards, Shirley! I love that you made two cards at the same time and transformed a plain circle into such fun flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness Shirley - how fantastic are those cardd...made with those stamps - wonderful inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  17. I tuned in to this post wondering how I could use this technique with stamps I have, only to be shown that I already have this stamp. So much to do with just one little stamp in one little set--it is absolutely brilliant. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's great to see some ideas to create unique, original images such as the flowers you made out of the circle stamp

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)