Sunday, January 16, 2022

{Trifecta Cardmaking} Creating Bold to CAS Cards with Gel Printing

    

Happy Sunday, STAMPlorations friends! We are back with this year's first Trifecta Cardmaking post, a fun feature wherein you'll see how the three S's in our line -- stampsstencils, and stickers -- play well in cardmaking. In this month's post, STAMPgirl Sanna Lippert used the gel printing techniques to create cards that range from bold to clean and simple.

    


Card #1

On this card I used the A Whale's Tale stencil with a gel plate and acrylic paints to create the background paper for the card. The butterflies are stamped with Trendy Butterflies 2 clear stamps and for the sentiment I used the Born to Fly clear stickers.


*****

Card #2

On my second card I again used a gelli printed paper, created with Art Flowers 2 stencil and acrylic paints. Here I just used a smaller piece of that paper and die cut it with a circle die into size. The leaves are stamped with the Bloom Doodles stamp set and then fussy cut. For the sentiment I used the Inspirational 1 clear sticker set.


*****

Card #3

On the third card I used the same basic gelli printing technique, this time with Flowers 2 and Trees 1 stencils. I then stamped and fussy cut the gelli printed paper using the Layered Leaves stamp set. For the sentiment I used a Christmas clear sticker set for a non-seasonal purpose - Merry Everything - by just picking the words that worked for this card.

This time I´ve also recorded a tutorial video for you to watch and give you a better idea of each an every step. The technique on how I did the gel printing, can be found here. On that video I am using stamps instead of stencils, but the idea is the same.


I hope you get inspired by this month's Trifecta ideas and grab some stencils, stickers and stamps and create some fun cards yourself! I will be back with another Trifecta tutorial in March - see you then!! In the meantime, if you create something based on these ideas, do stop by here and share a link - we'd love to see what you make. 


 As you can see, a basic gelli printed and stenciled paper can be used in various ways and create cards from bold to clean and simple style, depending on how you used the gel printed piece on your project. I hope you give stencils and gel plate a try - I promise you, it will be very much fun!!

Have a great time crafting,
xxx, Sanna

13 comments:

  1. The leaves look spectacular!!! What a cool dried leaf look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice technique share. I like the idea for the card three with the leaves down the side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a gel plate and haven't used it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I really love that first one with the butterflies!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Sanna, for your wonderful video. There is something about being able to view the creative process that sparks new ideas, so I really appreciate the extra time it takes to create a video. Love the things that can be done by cutting the clear sentiment stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful work - great use of the gelli plate prints
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous work on
    these cards. Great
    use of gel press.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so cool, this post is inspiring me to take out my Gelli. Thank you for the inspiration. Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love to read your blog post, so creative and so many techniques!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)