Thursday, January 06, 2022

{Spotlight Project} Heart Balloon to Butterfly with Monika


Hi STAMPlorations Friends! Welcome to my first Spotlight project of 2022. When I recently rearranged my craft space I found some die-cut balloons with their negative cuts which I had kept for future use.

Today's project tutorial makes good use of the inner negative cut from the balloon frame. Have a look.


Well, I turned them into a butterfly. Here is how my project came together.

Before starting to stamp my background, I decided on where to place my sentiment and butterfly. With this in mind my background was stamped starting with the script and then filling in with stamped splatters.




Next I needed two of the heart frame off-cuts and my sentiment die-cut from white card and lovely pastel green glitter card.




I layered them up and attached them to my base card.


Then the butterfly's body was created from some wire and pearls ...


... and attached in place with hot glue before finishing off with sequins for added sparkle.


***************
These are the products I used from the STAMPlorations Shop to make my card.

Art Marks, Mixed Media Elements, Shaker Balloons #1 Heart Layering Dies, Birthday Wishes Phrase Die


That's it from me for today. Wishing you a lovely week.
hugs
Monika ❤

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous design, I'm sure I'll be using this clever idea to create butterflies with this die, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks fabulous
    and love the way you made
    the butterfly!
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - how innovative and what a delightful result!!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty. I like the splotches...they are perfect with the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mixed media background, and beautiful artistic butterfly with the pearls! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous dimension and cool alternative use for the balloon dies. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the background created. Great way to make the body for the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this! Love the text on the BG; love the use of the leftover hearts from the balloon; and really love the wire antennae & pearl body. Gorgeous and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever!! Love the background with the text and ink splotches. Your butterfly is wonderful.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)