Thursday, May 11, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Inlaid Outline Die Cutting with Cornelia



Hi, Cornelia here today, playing with inlaid outline die cuts.


My stamp supplies:

preview-trendyspringbloomsdies  thebirdsandtheblooms-web-preview  stmp1002-a.jpeg


Let's get started:

I arranged the flower die cuts on a piece of card stock and cut them with my Big Shot.


I have a stack of unused background papers, which I did not like from prior card attempts and I choose 2 that I thought would work.


Put my die cut card on it to see how it looks.


Rainbow or purple???


Decided on rainbow and then agonized over how to put the die cut flowers - into the opening or slightly shifted....decision,  decisions....


 I finally settled on putting them in, but not gluing them down completely to have some of the petals stick up.


Added the sentiment (heat embossed) and some contrasting PP at the bottom.

Do you have unused backgrounds? Its a nice way to use them if you weren't happy with them in the first place. As only part of it shows the reason why you did not like them in the first place will not be apparent. Go and give it a try!


Remember if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, make sure to hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase gallery.

Use code STAMPGIRLCORNELIA
to get 20% off all regular- and sale-priced stamps, stencils, and dies in the store.

Happy inlaid outline die cutting!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the flowers and the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these cards so very pretty! Great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have so many unused background. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW, I have unused backgrounds and didn't know what to do, THANK YOU for the idea and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. Can't wait to get these dies. They are on the way...... Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to use up the backgrounds. Very stylish card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and great idea!! Will have to pull out some of my unused backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great technique - and a great use of rejected backgrounds!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty and a fantastic method of using background you might not ordinarily use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. DIE-LIGHTFUL!
    LOVE your inky panel and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is stunning. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this technique; thanks for sharing great inspiration! I have a ton of rejected backgrounds, etc, begging to be recycled.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)