Hi, everybody. I am back again with another Spotlight Feature using ARTplorations stencils. Today I'm going to show you a couple of techniques for creating a sky background using the Clouds stencil.
First up is a little HELLO card where I used one of the clouds from the stencil, the fluffy one above the shining sun, to sponge my background.
- Starting at the bottom edge, work with the lower edge only blending light blue ink into the cloud shape moving it along to create a row/line of clouds.
- For the next row/line, move up a little and offset the cloud pattern for a more random look which you can see quite well in the closeup below.
- Next attach a cloud shaped die-cut border, a piece of Washi and pink ricrac ribbon.
- Stamp, colour and fuzzy cut The Bees Knees Houses, I went for a bold child like coloured look, and attach.
- Stamp the HELLO sentiment (PATCHWORK FRENZY Graphic Squares) on a strip of scrap and attach as little banner.
- Layer on your matching base card and add some tiny embellishments to finish. I used stars, daisy, gem and heart,which I just had on my desk, but you could equally well use pearls, candy dots or sequins
I went a little lighter with my sponging as you can see from the closeup.
TIP! Arrange the butterflies and heart to roughly form a heart shape to perfectly tie in with the sentiment.
As always, there is a craft along video showing you both of the sky techniques I used. All you need is some light blue ink, a couple of pieces of white card and your ARTplorations Stencils: Clouds.
That's it from me for today. I'll be back again in a couple of weeks with some more spotlight inspiration. Until then, have a lovely time.
Clouds is one of
Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for February. We'll pick a commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner on March 1!