Tuesday, October 27, 2015

{Spotlight Project} Maria Creates with Shimmer


Hello all! I'm using an oldie-but-goodie technique today. Perfect Pearls on Versamark stamping. Do it on black cardstock and you get incredible shimmer. Ready?




STEP 1
I gathered my supplies - the leaves from Trendy Leaves, sentiment from Party Time, Versamark and Perfect Pearls in Copper, Sunflower and Pewter. Also the Hello and Company stencil and some gold embossing paste. I cut my diagonal panel a bit larger than my card front to leave a margin of error in case I should need it!



STEP 2
I used my anti-static tool to prep my panel. Stamped the leaves and then dipped my brush into copper Perfect Pearls and brushed it onto three leaves.




STEP 3 
I repeated Step 2 with the other two colors and it looked like this until I wiped it with an anti-static dust cloth (ex. Swiffer) and had a nice clean panel. See how you can even see the text detail on the copper leaves? That's cuz the grains of Perfect Pearls are so very tiny.




STEP 4
To "fix" the Perfect Pearls, I misted the panel lightly and let it dry.



STEP 5
I cut a panel of black CS for the lower left of my card and dry embossed it with a hexagon design.



STEP 6
I decided on the placement of the word "happy" and taped my panel and stencil to my work space with painter's tape, masking off the other words besides "happy" to avoid getting stray paste on my panel. Applied the embossing paste and removed the stencil. Let it dry.



STEP 7
Finally, I heat embossed a portion of the secondary sentiment onto a portion of a Spellbinders (Labels Eight) and assembled the pieces on my cardbase. Remember the "margin of error"? After I optimized the placement of the panels, I trimmed it off.



I used foam adhesive for the leaf panel and secondary sentiment to raise them above the dry embossing. Added a couple of gems which resemble dew drops. And this is my card.



Hope you enjoyed today's spotlight post. You must give Perfect Pearls a try if you haven't. You'll love that shimmer!


TschĂĽss,
Maria


Products Maria used in today's project:

    


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for October. We'll pick ONE (1) commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner in November.

7 comments:

  1. Lovely shimmer and shine on Maria's card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card - perfect pear;s are fabulous, nd thanks for the himt about using a swiffer cloth to remove the excess.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. I've never used perfect pearls, but this is an easy explanation

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have perfect pearls but have never ued them. You inspire me to try. Great tip with the swifter. Fab card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, fabulous tutorial & beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Maria...and love the shimmer! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)