Hi, my dear mixed media friends. It's Susanne writing today and I'd like to share a butterfly tag. I LOVE creating tags because they are so versatile to use later. I prefer using them in my planner, on gifts or in my art journal.
Here are the step by step instructions:
1. I created a background using VersaMark ink through the Daisy Dance stencil and adding PanPastels. The color pigments with stick to the ink and you'll end up will this lovely pattern.
2. To seal the PanPastels I used my Gelli plate together with some gel medium. I added a thin layer of gel to the plate and pressed the tag down.
3. Then I added some patterned paper scraps with gel medium.
4. I stamped the butterfly from the Blossom Like a Butterfly set with waterproof black ink.
5. I added some shading with a watercolor crayon. I love to use Neocolor II crayons.
6. I used the Lattice Y stencil to add some texture with modeling paste.
7. Added some yellow with Distress Ink "Mustard Seed". I pressed the ink pad onto my craft mat and used water plus a brush to add it to my tag.
8. I used some tissue paper and stamp the Believe with waterproof black ink. I cut it out and added it with gel medium.
9. I used the chocolate Gelato to add some more shading and WOW! Metallic Gold Powder on the edges.
10. Finally I adhered a butterfly (it's colored with Distress Inks) on top.
Thank you for stopping by today,
Stencils from ARTlorations:
Stamps from STAMPplorations:
Blossom Like a Butterfly