Wednesday, July 27, 2016

{Introducing} COLOR BLOOMS: Coloring Book for Cardmakers, Crafters, and Mixed Media Artists

Hey, STAMPlorations friends! I'm excited to reveal another new product we're adding to the STAMPlorations family. Say hello to COLOR BLOOMS, our first coloring book specifically designed for cardmakers, crafters, and mixed media artists!


COLOR BLOOMS is an 8" by 10" perfect bound book with 34 coloring pages featuring 6 illustrated flowers in different styles to suit a variety of projects. Color the pages with your medium of choice: crayons, colored pencils, markers, and even watercolor paints. When you're done, tear the pages and use them in your projects: handmade cards, ATCs, art journal pages, collages, mixed media artwork, and whatever else you create.

The flowers will look familiar to many of you. It's because they came out as clear stamps first! The STAMPlorations girls are busy testing the coloring book and you'll see their projects featuring Color Blooms through a special blog hop happening in a few weeks. And at noon today, STAMPlorations girl Monika has a spotlight project wherein she shares what coloring mediums play nice with Color Blooms and which don't. She made 9 -- nine! -- projects out of one coloring page alone! You won't want to miss that post :o)

I thought I'd share a card I made using one of the pages. I tore out the page with the zinnias:


And then I colored the upper right panel with Inktense pencils:



I cut out the panel and used gel medium to decoupage it onto cardstock (and seal it too). I grunged it up a bit more using stamps in the Mixed Media Grunge set. Then I diecut a tag using the medium Luggage Tags die. I also diecut a panel using the medium Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle die out of the bottom part of the coloring page, added some spatters to it by flicking a wet brush against a black Inktense pencil, and then adhered the panel to my card base. Next I diecut the "hello" word 4 times and stacked them up. Here's the finished card:


COLOR BLOOMS is now available to buy on the shop -- it's here. If you live outside the US, you can buy Color Blooms from the Amazon site that is closest to you in order. (We offer a flat shipping rate but encourage you to buy your copy from an Amazon site if shipping is cheaper. Amazon links to 10 countries (UK, Canada, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, and Spain) where Color Blooms is available are found on the product page. If you have a group or are hosting a coloring book party, volume discounts are available for 10 copies or more.

Hope this inspires you to color!

16 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I've not got involved with colouring books yet ... But temptation was too great and I've placed my order ... it will be here by Friday!! Thanks for making it available through Amazon!
    Well done, can't wait to have a go.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! Thanks so much, Elaine, and I hope you have fun with the book :o)

      Delete
  2. Gaaaah! Such amazing coloring...and that card is swoon-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome...absolutely marvelously wonderful awesome! You are brilliant in creating a colouring book! LOVE this!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh - I am tempted to buy this as it is so practical!! It can be used after colouring - right up my alley. Your card is amazing Shery
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colouring page looks lovely and the finished card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just ordered mine from Amazon Germany...can't wait!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So clever coming up with a coloring book with all your fab stamps sets - this is going to be a 'MUST buy. LOL:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..loved the coloring book !Your coloring looks fab !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your coloring is fab Shery!! Congrats on the new launch- you rock!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been totally inspired by your Color Blooms samplers Shery and all your DT's samples. I have your book on my wishlist for our Fall vacation :-) Hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just learned of this book, Shery, I'm so impressed with your samples here!! Congrats on this new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)