Tuesday, July 05, 2016

CASEplorations July



Welcome to the July installation of CASEplorations. You've noticed we're now coming to you on the 5th of every month? Hope (if you're in the USA) you enjoyed a nice 4th of July yesterday. We've got a card for you to CASE this month that radiates heat. Hope you like it.

Our card for you to CASE this month comes from my teamie over at the Mixed Media Card Challenge, the talented Finnish designer Elina Stromberg of Elina's Arts and Crafts. If you don't know Elina - she's a designer for Sizzix, Visible Image, Craft Stamper magazine's Take It Make It challenge in addition to a few others - you must check out her blog. She can do it all - cards, scrapbook layouts, journal pages. And she's great at techniques too. I love that there's always a "cool" vibe to her work and she really knows how to use the color black. Please meet Elina's DT card for the MMCC back in February.

Image Source: Elina S.
See all the wonderful techniques at work - stamping with gesso, inking, water splattering, die cutting? Notice the details - background stamping, coloring a stamped image, the lighter inked area behind the focal image? Lots to choose from here for CASEing.


Here's what Elina created for us this month, CASEing herself.

Image Source: Elina S.
Packs a punch, doesn't it? Notice the incredible work on her inked background (oh those colors!), even the little white dots in the corners. And again, Elina rocks the use of the color black. And white.

Before we get to the DT creations, you might like to hear how Elina replied to my question -

How many cards do you create monthly and what do you do with them all? (of course, she's creating things besides cards too)
Each month I make 4-6 cards. I store them in a big cardboard box, and whenever my kids need a birthday card for their friends they take a look into my stash. And if they find something they like they can have the card.
I also give and send cards for my friends – I think that sending a handmade card is a nice way to tell your friend that he/she is important to you. Very rarely I sell my cards, but sometimes before Christmas I may make a few extra ones in case someone wants to buy one.

I can relate to being the source for my kids when they need a card for a friend, you too?!?

Elina's card brought out the best in the DT. Take a look at these creations! I certainly hope you find inspiration to join us with your CASE during the month of July.








Wow, eh? Remember, we'll vote for a winner from the July gallery to receive a $15 gift certificate to the STAMPlorations store OR a 3x5 stamp set and two runners up to receive a $5 gift certificate. Are you ready to play?

We'd love to see your projects in the gallery below. Please check out the challenge rules here. The linky is open until the end of the day July 31st. Hope to see you here.


6 comments:

  1. WOW! Elina's cards, the DT cases...just WOW! Ideas percolating...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card to CASE, lots of elements and details. Stunning inspiration as always, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, time to get inky then... Love Elina's bright card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this - I certainly want to get inky and play along!!! Thanks for all the incredible inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)