Thursday, October 18, 2018

MELISSA LANE: A Tribute and Celebration of Life

Edited to add on 10/21: If you blog about your tribute card for Melissa, please DO NOT include my mailing address in your post. Link back to this post instead. It's because after October 31, I will remove my mailing address from this post + we may move eventually so I don't want this mailing address to be out there years later.



Thank you for being here and joining the STAMPlorations team in paying tribute to a talented cardmaker and crafter whose time here on earth was cut short last October 2. Melissa Lane was kind and giving; she was a devoted mother, a loving wife, and above all a servant of Jesus. 

Through this tribute, we would like Melissa's family to know how well-loved and admired and what an exceptional human being Melissa was. We hope that this tribute gives them some comfort and a little bit of joy amidst their huge loss.

Melissa created some of the most beautiful cards and mixed media projects in the two years that we were blessed to have her as part of our team. Below are only a few of what she made.

  

  


  


  

  


Melissa's projects were always full of color. They were vibrant, so full of life...and butterflies. She loved butterflies and so the team created butterfly cards in Melissa's memory. Melissa was part of another design team, AAA Cards, and the team is sharing their butterfly cards in this post.


SHERY
"Melissa was one of the few people I 'met' online whose love for Jesus was evident in everything she did. She was a blessing to me and my family. Many times she prayed on our behalf -- prayers that were heard and answered. I miss her and I'm saddened that she's no longer around to share her God-given talents. But I rejoice too because she's now resting in Jesus, His loving arms wrapped around her. I pray for comfort and peace for her husband Chris, their children, and all those who love Melissa."



JANE
"Sending love to Chris and family xx"


"Melissa was a blessing in so many ways and I often admired how easily she spoke about her faith. I thought of Melissa and her loved ones while worshiping the other day, singing Touch the Sky by Hillsong United."


"Melissa's gorgeous colourful creations have been a tremendous inspiration. Her art has brought joy and inspiration to so many people in the crafting community all over the world. I send this rainbow of butterflies along with my deepest condolences to Melissa's family."


"Melissa, I miss you... Even though we never met or talked, you made an impact big enough in my life that I remember you every single day. Saying a little prayer for your family."


"As a tribute to Melissa's life, I CASE'd one of her many beautiful cards. R.I.P Melissa, may you have Rainbow and Butterflies always with you."








"An attempt to overcome the sadness that Melissa is no longer on this earth, but also to celebrate her love for this vibrant, colorful, blessed life."




"I never got to meet with Melissa in this chapter of life but I know when I join her someday around the throne of Christ, I will recognize her. She was a wonderful artist and I enjoyed our online chats about God, family, music. Prayers for Melissa's friends and family. May God bring you comfort and joyful memories."






"Just a note to say, Melissa, you are missed. Your creativity and sweet talents brought beautiful rainbows to many of my days. I wish I could have met you..."












TENIA
"Melissa you were such an inspiration, Miss Lady. What a blessing you were to so many people. You will be missed. Much love."









Did you know Melissa? Perhaps you were on the same design team or you followed each other's blogs. Please join us in celebrating her life by creating a butterfly card in her memory. 

You may blog about the card you make as a tribute to her or not, but either way, please add your card to Melissa's Butterfly Gallery at the end of this tribute post. We'll keep the linky open until October 31.

Edited to add on 10/21: If you blog about your tribute card for Melissa, please DO NOT include my mailing address below in your post. Link back to this post instead. It's because after October 31, I will remove my mailing address from this post + we may move eventually so I don't want this mailing address to be out there years later.


(Current list of received cards are at the end of this post.)

Please also feel free to share how Melissa has touched your (crafting) life in some way in the comments.

Thank you again for being here to celebrate Melissa. The crafting community has lost a beautiful soul, and we are so glad that you could join us in paying tribute to one of our own.


MELISSA'S BUTTERFLY GALLERY






Edited to add on 10/21: If you blog about your tribute card for Melissa, please DO NOT include my mailing address in your post. Link back to this post instead. It's because after October 31, I will remove my mailing address from this post + we may move eventually so I don't want this mailing address to be out there years later.

Edited to add on 10/30: I will be mailing the first batch of cards to Melissa's family on November 9. I will do a second mailing towards the end of November for other cards I'll receive after November 9.


Butterfly cards received as of 11/9:
  1. L. B. from St. Louis, MO
  2. S. H. from Renton, WA
  3. L. G. from Surrey, UK
  4. S. L. from Austria
  5. D. M. from Broadview Heights, OH
  6. E. A. from Greenbush, VA
  7. M. D. from Memphis, MO
  8. N. L. from Coos Bay, OR
  9. J. M. from Cherry Hill, NJ
  10. M. S. from Prenton, UK
  11. P. K. from Alamogordo, NM
  12. S. S. from Grand Rapids, MI
  13. L. H. from Alhambra, IL
  14. A. S. from Augusta, GA
  15. L. T. from British Columbia, Canada
  16. S. B. from Lancashire, UK
  17. A. C. from McKinney, TX
  18. B. Y. from Coconut Creek, FL
  19. V. F. from Pottsboro, TX
  20. No sender name on envelope from Germany
  21. D. K. from Livermore, CA
  22. L. M. from Newport News, VA
  23. A. T. from Snoqualmie, WA
  24. M. F. from Nierstein, Germany
  25. G. S. from Clio, MI
  26. B. H. from Jacksonville Beach, FL
  27. S. S. from Mercersburg, PA
  28. J. T. from Surrey, UK

25 comments:

  1. Thanks for this wonderful tribute. Looking forward to visiting everyone's projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredibly lovely thing to do for Melissa and her family. Though I didn't personally know her, she and they will be in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful way to be remembered.. love and peace to all who knew and loved Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for organising this beautiful tribute, Shery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just can't thank you enough, Shery for your Loving Remembrance of Melissa. I only hope this will be forever comforting to Chris, their 4 children, extended family and many friends. Melissa was loved by all and now will be loving and watching over us from heaven. Love and Hugs...Nancy..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think of her and my tears roll. I have not met her, but I always imagine her as the pretty lady with a cheerful smile stopping by to comment on my blog and IG. I had not received a prize I won and ordered from Stamplorations and I saw a die used by her and mentioned that I wish I had got my prize. And she asked me to get in touch with Shery again and that she is very kind and she'll surely do something about it. Thanks to her and the belief she had, I got my prize sent again and delivered. It's not the prizes that matter but the time she gave to my casual comment, her trust on the company she worked with and the belief she instilled in me that I can go ahead and email and send my query. Even when she's not here, she's taught me to be meticulous at work, she had a card for 14th October, scheduled! I am going to join you all to celebrate Melissa and pay a tribute to the lovely creation of God.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this tribute. I was blessed to have met Melissa, Chris, and the children 2 years ago in the UK. I flew from Australia and they drove from Germany. I will never forget those few days we spent together. I am heart broken. Until we meet again, my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Shery, and the Design Team for providing us this opportunity to join with you in honoring a gifted crafters - who used her ART to honor Christ Jesus her Lord and Savior ~ she was truly gifted and inspiring - condolences to the family - I have posted a blog page also in honor of Melissa. Blessings and thanks again for doing this. ~ Gone from this Earth, sweet Melissa Lane, but not forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a wonderful way of paying tribute to someone. Melissa's cards are so beautiful and I am sure she was equally beautiful inside-out. I hope to join in this initiative and pay my tribute to her. May her soul rest in peace. And may her family get all the strength to pass this phase.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't think of a better way to remember Melissa in this wonderful cardmaking "world" of ours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful tribute to Melissa. Thank you Shery for organizing this and for collecting the cards to send to Melissa's family. Her family is blessed to have this tribute to show them now much Melissa was loved and admired. Thank you for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did not know Melissa but I did admire her work a lot on the blog when challenges were given. She certainly was talented and I know how much she will be missed but at least we have the comfort of knowing she is with her Lord. My deepest sympathy to her family and all of her friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks you for this wonderful tribute Shery. I'm sure it will bring some comfort to Melissa's family to see how much she was appreciated as a crafter and how much she inspired us to become better crafters. She may be gone, but her spirit lives on in her art, and thanks to the internet, it will be there for a very long time, for us to admire and remember her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. To dear Melissa's husband, Chris and your four beautiful children,

    Sincerely from the bottom of my heart I don't have the words to make you feel better. All I wish for you and your family is may every sunrise hold more promise, every moonrise hold more peace. Those we love don't go away, they walk beside us every day. Unseen unheard but always near, still loved, still missed and very dear.

    Love from Malaysia,
    Asmah

    ReplyDelete
  15. I cannot comprehend what grief Melissa's family is feeling, but I do pray that they hold fast to Christ and know His Peace that passes all understanding. A wonderful tribute
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a lovely tribute to celebrate Melissa's wonderful creativity in the crafting world. I hope Chris and his family can draw a tiny shred of comfort from it at such a sad time xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful tribute - praying for her family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great way and loving tribute! I didn't know Melissa well, But I love her awesome creativity and talent! My Heartiest sympathy to her and family.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you, Shery, for this beautiful tribute to Melissa and for setting up a gallery where we can participate. Your entire Team has made such beautiful cards to celebrate Melissa!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shery what an outstanding tribute to a creative fellow card maker. May the love of all help her family through their grieving. Thank you Shery.

    ReplyDelete
  21. so nice cards and beautiful tribute to Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's so wonderful seeing such an outpouring of love and creativity for Melissa. I will truly miss her, and loved leaving a colorful butterfly mark in her honor. Such a loving tribute. Thanks Shery.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful, talented lady! Such beautiful cards from the lovely team. Lots of love and condolences to Melissa's family and friends. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was so sad to read today of Melissa's passing. I agree with everyone that Melissa was always so kind, sweet and generous with her encouragement. She was so incredibly talented and I will miss exchanging comments and seeing her beautiful art.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)