Monday, October 22, 2018

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Blessings Tags by MariLynn




I got a new toy play with -- a gelli plate.  I started with putting gold teal purple and green drops of paint on the plate.



What it looked like when I brayered it.



I placed the Rag Rug stencil on top of the paint and gelli plate.


I put two pieces of white cardstock on top. I put two pieces so I can clean my brayer by rolling over the top. It also puts pressure to make the first piece of cardstock push through the stencil.



This is what the "cleaned" off brayer sheet looks like.



The neat thing about gelli plates is the second print. I lifted the stencil off and this is what was left on the gelli plate to make the second print.



Here are the two prints side by side with the first print on the left and the second print on the right.



I used the "clean" off page for several die-cuts: Blessings (Blessings word die), hearts (Clustered Hearts die), and dragonfly (Dragonfly layering dies). I chose the second print ti cut out a tag (Tags #1 nesting dies). I ended up cutting a second tag with white.



I thought that the tag needed some more definition, so I used a teal marker to outline both tags.



I wanted the fibers to match. I decided to dye them. I took the marker and scribbled onto a plastic lid.



I sprayed it with water and dipped the fibers in the colored water.



A before and after look at the fibers.



I glued the two tags together and glued down the "blessings" sentiment.



I glued down the hearts and added some sequins and tied the fibers at the top.



I added more paint to the gelli plate.



I didn't use a stencil this time and I used tissue paper instead of cardstock.



I love the salsa verde that my local grocery store sells, I decided to keep one of the empty jars and washed it out and removed the label. 



I put glue on the jar.



I used my finger to smooth out the glue.



I covered the jar with the printed tissue paper.



I filled the jar with homemade apple butter. The apple trees in my yard were covered with a lot of apples, but they were all really small, so it has been a labor of love to process them into apple butter.



October is Pastor appreciation month, so this jar of apple butter will be going to the pastor of my church. Is there someone you can show appreciation to this month? I hope you were blessed by my tutorial and are inspired to create.


STAMPlorations products used:

    

  

4 comments:

  1. I have 2 gelli plates - I won one over a year ago and this year is the first time I used mine after doing a search-- love it so much I purchased a larger one - love you look using the gelli plate - I know you are having fun! I get on a roll and make up a bunch of papers - they are then ready for crafting! Enjoy and thanks for the tutorial and showing us your lovely tags -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mixed media tags and jar, MariLynn. TFS your photo tutorial too. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)