Friday, October 05, 2018

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Be Brave Artist Trading Coins



Hello everyone, it's Sanna here again with another mixed media tutorial share. It's good to be back after the summer break! Today I'd like to share my take on artist trading coins - here are the finished coins:




Now to the steps:


Step 1
Die cut 2.5-inch sized circles from kraft cardstock. Next take border stickers (from older stash) and adhere onto the circles - position as you prefer. Now take the Barley stencil and apply iridescent medium thru the stencil onto the circles. Let dry properly before moving over to the next step.



Step 2
Spray golden spray pink (preferedably with a little glimmer in it for a nice shine) onto the circles and after the spray ink has dried, apply brown ink onto the stenciled areas with a foam. This way the stenciled pattern shows through much better. Next fussy cut suitable paper pieces and adhere onto the coins with a paper glue. I used handmade paper with leaf patterns for this purpose.



Step 3
Now add a stamped sentiment. I used the Woodland Friends stamp set for this purpose. Stamping onto a irregular surface using a stamping tool like Misti or similar, will help to create a perfect stamp image.



Step 4
Decorate with additional border sticker pieces, glitter glue dots, fussy cut pieces of old book pages and white gel pen. Add as many little details as you. 





I hope you have enjoyed my take on Artist Trading Coins. See you with another tutorial next month! Until then, happy crafting!!!


xxx, Sanna




Supplies:
Stencil: Barley

6 comments:

  1. OMG..Sanna, you have me so inspired to play with ARC's. I am on holiday, so do not have all my supplies, but I did just find a 2 1/2" jar and I do have kraft paper...hmmm. Sounds so fun. BTW, Sanna I now have 6 of your new Beautiful stencils with me to play with:-) TFS and keeping us all so inspired. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of trading coins but I sure like this lovely work - everything turned out lovely - I ordered that stencil - love all Stamplorations products ~ TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing and so creative...Great mixing of the medias too x

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)