Thursday, October 04, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Deepti Goes Without Coloring the Stamped Images!


Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to my spotlight feature. Today, I am playing with the newest stamp club set, Bloom Doodles, and for this one I decided not to color the gorgeous stamped images and make them shine as is :) I used the same idea for two different card designs. Let me show you...


Step 1
So for this one I took two panels of watercolor card stock. I started by stamping a flower on the panel, making a mask for it and the stamping around it to build a floral cluster.




Step 2
Next I stamped one of the floral images to fill the other panel completely.




Step 3
I then water colored the panel. To do that I decided how I wanted my colors to look in the background, like in this panel... I wanted vertical lines of color and on the other it was diagonal. I picked 3 colors. Again its best to pick primary colors as they mix up to make the whole rainbow.




For coloring I followed the wet on wet technique but wetting only the part I wanted to color and not the whole panel. Like I added water along one edge, then added pink and the added more water beyond pink and added yellow and so on...


Step 4
I followed the similar process to color the other panel, only the colors were added diagonally.



Finally, I stamped the sentiments on black card stock and die cut the framed sentiment and adhered it.

Here is a look into each card one more time...





     

That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy paper crafting!

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards, both of them and so artsy. Love the colourful backgrounds and the stamped images left un-coloured. Thank you for the inspiration x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful technique - I will have to try this - lovely work TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous watercolored background for your beautiful heat embossed flowers. Love both your designs, Dee. TFS your photo tutorial too. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely. I much do more backgrounds. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the water colored backgrounds - thanks for the tips:)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)