Wednesday, October 24, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Deepti Brings Three Techniques in One Design!


Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to a spotlight feature. Today, again I am playing with the newest stamp club set, Bloom Doodles. This is first time ever that it took me ages to create this tutorial. My mojo was on a holiday, I had missed two of my scheduled spotlight dates, and I was feeling terrible but our boss Shery is super amazing! She gave me all the time I needed and asked to relax, she even said, "If you miss this post, its not the end of the world." :) She is soooooooooo awesome. You would want to work with a person like her :)

Anyways going back on track, after multiple failed attempts I finally got this perfect idea to bring three techniques together :) I did paper piecing, stamping the sentiment to build a background and using negative die cut :) Let me show you:


Step 1
So for this one I took three back card stock panels. I started by stamping the sentiment in white ink to build three different background. I did a zig zag stamping, a diagonal stamping and a grid sentiment stamping (just like crossword puzzle)







Step 2
Next I stamped one of the floral images on patterned paper and fussy cut those. These will be my focal images :)




Step 3
I then picked three different dies to make use of negative die cut space: an edge die, an image die, and a sentiment die. I die cut the black panels using these dies.



Step 4
I then layered a patterned paper under each space and adhered them on card base.



Finally, I arranged the floral images around the negative die cut spaces and added a sentiment strip to finish each card.

Here is a look at each card one more time.





I have used Bloom Doodles, Born to Roam, Feathery, For the Birds Dies,Smile word die and Lacy Edges and Border dies




That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy paper crafting!

6 comments:

  1. I love those awesome background you created with your text stamps. Love that they are white on black too -- so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one amazing technique - I love white and black - lovely work! TFS Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these are wonderful! Love all the techniques, thank you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the different looks you created with similar products - very inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your work! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)