Friday, October 26, 2018

{Mixed Media Tutorial} One Layer Mixed Media Card by Asmah



Hello everyone! From my craft table to yours, here's me, Asmah once again to share my artwork with you.

This time, a one layer card using quite a lot of stuff {smile}. That's just me, the more the merrier. I do have to say this that I'm not actually a one layer card maker because I love layering a lot of scrap papers and just whatever I think okay to adorn my creation let it be a scrapbook page, tag, art journal to name a few. This time, I only want to play with art material and products from STAMPlorations.


Let me now take you to my tutorial.

I used an acid free white cardstock as usual by the size of 6x4.5 inches. To begin, I primed the cardstock with light gesso by mixing some water to it.


I swiped modelling paste over crisscrossed stencil for random pattern.


I wanted this card to have vintage feel so I picked brown shades and black acrylic paints. With help of water, I used it to run down the paints to my liking.


After I let it dry naturally, next up was stamping Trendy Leaves stamp on the right side.
I had planned that way from beginning for additional interest.


What you see below are my regular tools I must have in my artwork: white gel pen, 0.3 black gel pen, black watercolor pencil and aqua brush to highlight certain areas for depth. I just can't live without them most of the time {chuckle}.


The focal point of this card is the left side. I used rose duet stencil to guide me in drawing a rose by doodling with black gel pen instead of drawing it neatly and accordingly.


It was a think-out-of-the-box that suddenly lightened up my right brain to doodle through the stencil and I loved the result. 


I didn't stop there however because at first I figured that was done but my right brain had better idea. Again with that very-pretty-brownish-water in the jar {nice huh?}; a product from dipping brush paint earlier on, I dampen the brush with it and started coloring the doodled rose. The black gel pen ink simply work wonders when combined with water.


I wanted more depth at the bottom side of the card so I used Artsy Border Maker stamp set to achieve interesting look to the eyes.


I stamped a sentiment directly on the card using Versafine ink pad.


Just when I thought I was done after stamping the sentiment, my right brain told me differently and my heart agreed. I did say the rose acted as focal point for this card thus I trusted my out of the box thinking by highlighting the flower and leaf by simply doodling it using white gel pen. Lastly, I finish it off by deepening the focal point edges with black gel pen and brush it off with water.


Here is the finished one layer mixed media card once again.


I sincerely hope you get some ideas with the way I created this card. Bottom line is be free when creating yours. Should you wish to get the STAMPlorations products I used, you can get them at STAMPlorations store with special price by using my discount code {thanks}:


I truly hope you find my tutorial inspiring and that you would like to light up a piece of white card with layers of artsy alone. Enjoy creating and take good care.


Hugs and smiles,


STAMPlorations products used:

    


  

8 comments:

  1. OMG..Gorgeous messy Work of Art, Asmah. I loved every layer, especially all the black and brown tones and doodling of your beautiful stenciled rose:-) TFS your beauty, my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!! Absolutely stunning vintage card with fabulous colour and texture!! Thank you for sharing the techniques used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Asmah, this card is so lovely. Your tutorial is so helpful for trying this myself. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative. Love the layers and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very beautiful! I love this very much!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)