Thursday, October 25, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Maria Pairs Bloom Doodles with Coffee



Hi friends! I was playing with the latest stamp club set, Bloom Doodles, and decided to make my card coffee-themed. Easy peasy. Come have a look.


No idea why really, but that bloom reminded me of coffee beans! So I went with it. Grab a cuppa and let's see how I made this one layer card.



STEP 1
Gathered my supplies - Bloom Doodles and Winter Mug stamp sets, a kraft cardbase, Prismacolor colored pencils and ink. I also used a Versamark marker.



STEP 2
Stamped the flower. I left the stamp on my MISTI so when I was done coloring I could stamp the black outline again. This is a great tip I learned from Yana S. I also stamped onto scrap paper to create a mask.



STEP 3
Selected warm colors and colored the bloom, starting with a light layer and gradually building up more color.



STEP 4
The first photo shows the colored image. In the second photo you can see the image after I've put it back into the MISTI and restamped it with black ink. Nice and crisp!




STEP 5
Place the mask over the bloom and align and stamp the mug.



STEP 6
Remove the mask and be once again amazed at the wonder of masking!


I contemplated coloring the mug too, but decided to top my card off with a perfect sentiment, die cut from gold paper for a little pizazz. In addition, after coloring the coffee in the mug I went over it with my Versamark marker and then heat embossed it with clear powder.



Hope you enjoyed my tutorial today. Should you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, like coloring on kraft card, be sure to hook up at our Spotlight Project Showcase
Should you find yourself placing an order soon, I'd love it if you used my STAMPGIRLMARIA code for an additional 20% off!


    

6 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)