Tuesday, October 02, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Monika Rescues a Stencil Experiment


Hello Crafty Friends! Do you know that feeling, when something you thought would look good, just doesn't look right? Well, it happened to me whilst I was playing with one of Sanna's new stencils. The eagle eyed of you might have already spotted her new stencils in the shop; the full range will be introduced with a blog hop next week -- just giving you a little heads up.

Anyway, in the process I discovered that Bloom Doodles, the new stamp club set, had a perfectly matching stamp for a 'rescue attempt'.




Playing with brushos, I used a turquoise stencil print, covered it with the new blue Cornflower stencil, sprinkled with purple brusho and spritzed with water.



Next I gold embossed the smaller one of the 5-petaled blooms over the cornflowers aligning my stamp as well as possible with the cornflower petals.



To send the cornflowers towards the back and make my blooms more visible, I lightly coloured them with bright pink brush markers to make sure that I wouldn't loose the effect of the brusho background. Next I added a bit of a grey shadow around my blooms and white gel pen doodles.



For more interest, I added a bit of turquoise stamping to the background using one of the little silhouette stamps from the Bloom Doodles set.



I trimmed my panel to size, added it to my base card and finished off with a bold negative die-cut sentiment.

TIP!: Adding a piece of vellum behind your negative die-cut sentiment will help it to better stand out against a busy background.



The gold splatters on the sentiment panel nicely help to highlight the gold embossed blooms.



That's it from me for today. If you feel like going on a rescue mission of your own or make a project using any of the techniques or ideas shared by my teamies in their Spotlight Posts, make sure to link up your makes with our spotlight project gallery here.

Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx


Here is what I used from the STAMPlorations store:


Bloom DoodlesCornflower stencil, Feel Better Soon phrase die


Fancy getting an extra 20% off the store prices? You know that you can use my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA at checkout. Have fun browsing and playing with STAMPlorations' wonderful products!

3 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)