Thursday, July 27, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Create Your Own Top Border with Cornelia



Hi everyone, Cornelia here today creating a top border with a stamp.


My stamp supplies:
InBloom1-RadiantRosespreview-Noteworthy2-SheryRussDesigns



I took some scrap piece of Bristol paper and marked the center with pencil and stamped the roses on one half.



Repositioned my stamp and stamped it again on the other half. I masked some areas (the green mask I had left over from a prior card - I always keep the masks with my stamps, so I can use them again)



And then I colored them with water brush pens. they are like the Zigs, just much cheaper.



On the picture above you can see how I did that. Look in the upper corner - I scribbled yellow and red and then I took some water and mixed the colors.That's how I colored everything. Requires no skill whatsoever.



Colored the leaves with green and yellow. Same "technique"....



Lastly, I fussy cut the inferior border, leaving a thin strip of white to show. I choose a dark blue card stock as my base - a lot of colors would work and the effect is strikingly different, but I liked the dark blue the best.



I heat embossed the sentiment and added white splatters. I also decided to not cut the overhang off - let it peek beyond the borders. Lastly I decided to add enamel dots.



Remember if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.

Use code STAMPGIRLCORNELIA to get 20% off on all stamps, stencils, and dies on all regular- and sale-priced items in the store.

11 comments:

  1. Such an amazing and inspiring card. Love the top border idea and the colours are fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this paired with navy. I just played with pink and yellow Zigs and a blossom spray last night! Mine stayed on the boring white Bristol paper :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love the border idea. Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your instructions, this is a lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apart from the fussy cutting I love this technique! Great zingy colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, love this technique, and the stunning results!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card - really striking! Love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. Fab contrast with the dark spacey base. Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)