Tuesday, July 21, 2015

{Spotlight Project} Cornelia's Burning Question: Are You Foiling Yet?


Hi! Cornelia here today, trying out foiling. I have been enamoured by Jennifer MeGuire and her foiling techniques the moment I saw it. Bought the foil and ever since it has been laying around and I was too intimidated to try. But thanks to the spotlight feature, I got over my procrastination habit and tackled it. Now, any sensible human being would have watched her video again, but I thought I remembered it well enough....I am not one for watching lengthy videos - don't have time for that. I much rather look at a bunch of pictures...




So here are my supplies:
I did not buy the special glue, but decided to use one from my stash that I bought awhile ago for glittering and have not yet used. Here we go again...I would think that any kind of glue works, as long as it does not dry immediately.

  stmp1060.jpeg


I "inked up" my stamp with glue and stamped it four times.



I put the foil on with the foil side up (the backside is silver) and rubbed the foil against the stamped image. You can use a bone folder, but I preferred to use the back of my fingernail with a clean piece of paper over the foil to protect it.



I lift off the foil and let the whole thing dry. I did that late at night and then finished the card the next day.  You should wash off your stamp immediately and not dance around looking and admiring your beautiful foil work - you pay for that.....admire it AFTER you washed off that glue.



I finished the card with a sentiment from the SENTIMENT BUILDERS: Thank You set and a die-cut "thanks" which I diecut from copper shimmer paper. Added a thin copper strip on the side and copper thread.



Hope you liked this - see you in two weeks!


Products Cornelia used in today's project:


  
     

Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for July. We'll pick ONE (1) commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner on the first week of August!

23 comments:

  1. Am going to grab my glue, some stamps and have a go at this! Your card is gorgeous and so very lush. Thank you for sharing Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful. I've never tried foiling but this makes me want to try. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice card!! I love that gold on the black. Way to finish it off with the thanks and sentiment. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.....Love this card. I just received some foil and can't wait to give it a go.
    Great job, thanks for inspiring us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this effect. Thanks for the tip about admiring AFTER cleaning up the glue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card - love the gold on the black - i'm like you - watched Jennifer, bought the stuff and haven't tried it yet - must do now after seeing your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful design...Love the gold on black, it's stunning. Haven't tried this technique yet, but it looks like a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card...that foiling looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a Stunning card !! I loved w the gold foil pops on black bg ! thanks for the tut and the tip ;) !

    ReplyDelete
  10. wieder etwas das auf meine 2do kommt....
    oh mann wo soll ich nur die Zeit hernehmen???

    Eine wundervolle Karte !!!
    LG hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a beautiful card and thanks for sharing how you made the foil background!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunner alert. Can you stand how talented Cornelia is, I can't. She ALWAYS amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunner alert. Can you stand how talented Cornelia is, I can't. She ALWAYS amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Cornelia cards are so beautiful. I saw this technique on You Tube channel Jenifer, it is great and gives a spectacular effect. Used to comply this card stamps are excellent. Wonderful product fit for techniques!
    Regards,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a dazzler of a card - You have inspired me to have another go....
    Thanks
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...Cool effect Cornelia. Love how you finished your card with gold and copper embellishments and sentiment. Very artsy! TFS mf.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome card, love the foil. I too was inspired by Jennifer McGuire's Video and need to find some foil to work with online.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)