SHIPPING BREAK COUNTDOWN
Order by 5 PM Pacific Time today to have your order shipped before our break!
00 DAYS 00 HRS 00 MIN 00 SEC

Thursday, September 10, 2020

{Spotlight Project} Slimline Artsy Cards with Deepti

 

Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to my Spotlight feature. I decided to do something different this time. I played with inks and Slimline stencils to create these artsy cards. I must say it was loads of fun! Let me show you...



So these cards basically focus on rubbing the card stock over ink swipes. I love the grungy look of the backgrounds. What do you think?

Step 1 - I swiped the inks on a silicon mat, you can use acetate or Gelli plate for the same. I then placed the stencil on top which picked up some ink and left the pattern behind. I then spritz some water on top



Step 2 - I then placed the two panel one after the other to get the following results.


Step 3 - Here I did partial stenciling over one of the panel to add more interest


Step 4 - Next step I did stamping. Got creative stamping partially along the edge or stamping extra flowers by masking




Step 5 - I used the solid stamp images to add color and details to the flowers. To finish I added some splatter and stamped the sentiment. I also did some water coloring to add depth to the jar




Here is a closeup into my cards...



  
preview-leafprints4-slimline.png preview-layeredvase-TBK.png
preview-thankyoucoffee.png STAMP1104-mixedmediagrunge.jpg

That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try.
Happy paper crafting!

15 comments:

  1. These turned out so beautiful, Deepti!! I love the mixed media backgrounds and the way you added color with your flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing backgrounds you
    ended up with! I love the pop of the
    raspberry flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. Love the sketchy flowers and beautiful cards. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deepti, this project is a winner! I know I'll be trying this technique...and speaking of winners, I won a gift code! tfs-stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Love your one layer cards! Thanks for the inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deepti, your cards are beautiful and I love that stamp.
    Well done as always and TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing how you made these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mix. I like the flowers along the bottom of the longer card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work on these cards. I just purchased that leaf stencil and look forward to playing with it.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers). Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)