Thursday, March 17, 2022

What's up with all the delays?

Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD. - Psalm 31:24 KJV


I have been clinging to this particular Bible verse more than ever. I also hadn't planned on writing this post but I feel it needs to be out there as to why activity here on the blog hasn't been the same the past several months and why posts are either late or not published at all when they are expected, as well as why I am extremely behind in getting orders fulfilled.

On top of the health/medical diagnosis I have been dealing with since October 2021 (which I mentioned in a post in January), a second one came up towards the end of January this year. It has been 8 weeks of undergoing tests, ultrasounds, CT scan, and mammography and then waiting for results.

I came by myself, and I had been praying for weeks that the lump I had felt on the right side of my breast, right under my armpit, was nothing serious. But with a family history of breast cancer, and having a cyst (which turned out benign) removed from each breast in 2006, I needed to have it checked out. And so in late January, my doctor ordered an ultrasound. A couple of weeks later, she ordered a CT scan because the ultrasound showed three, not just one, enlarged lymph nodes. I never heard back so I thought, "No news is good news." Until I got a letter saying my doctor had ordered a second ultrasound and diagnostic mammography and that I was already scheduled for those procedures the second week of March. 

Then a week more of waiting, until finally I saw the doctor yesterday. I knew it wasn't good as soon as I saw her face and she refused to look at me for the first couple of minutes. She kept starting to talk then stop then try again only to end up clearing her throat and looking down at the stapled pages in her hands. I wanted to know so asked her to just say it straight out. And she did.

"Suspicious for malignancy", "multifocal breast carcinoma with metastatic right axillary adenopathy", "multiple right breast abnormalities", and "early pulmonary nodular metastatic disease" are words no one ever wants to hear when they go in to see their doctor. But those words I heard -- she read them from the printout she was holding. The last part -- "early pulmonary nodular metastatic disease" -- was because the CT scan showed a nodule on my lung's lower left lobe. I told her it's scarring from the valley fever I had in 2011/2012. But still, she wanted to be sure. And so she told me she is ordering 3 biopsies STAT -- 2 for the lumps in my breast and 1 for nodule in my lung.

I don't know how I managed to drive myself home, but I remember sitting in the car at the parking lot and staring at the copy of my results. I sat there for maybe 5 or 10 minutes, and I remember shaking and saying out loud, "Lord, please give me strength and give me courage. I need to get home to my family." While my MIL watched my little girls in the living room, I told David about the results and my upcoming biopsies.

And now there is more waiting. As I'm writing this, I got a second phone call from my insurance saying that my doctor's request has been approved. The other call came this morning. So now I wait for the hospital to call me and tell me when I go in for the procedures.

I am terrified. Overwhelmed. Worried for my husband and my two young children -- they are the love and light of my life. But all I can do now is "keep my panic in check" (Craftyfield's words) and she is right. 

And here we are. I know many of you are wondering and I appreciate the emails asking how I am...and I am so sorry for not replying to some. I'm afraid things are going to be even more crazy around here. I have a wonderful team and they are like family to me. They have given me so much grace these past few months considering how inconsistent I have been. Without their support and understanding, I would have shut down this blog and the store (even temporarily) altogether.

If you are the praying sort, could you please include my family -- most especially my girls, Kathryn and Winter -- in your prayers? 

Thank you for reading this far.

44 comments:

  1. Shery, now you fight. Let us hold you up in prayer. Don't worry about anything except beating this. {HUGS} xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Shery....I am so sorry to hear this. I can't stop the tears from flowing, but I know the Lord is with you in ALL of this. Thank you for being courageous enough to share this with us....your "other" family. We all have been very concerned for you. My prayers are with you for healing, strength, wisdom, and peace as you journey through these scary challenges. May you feel the Lord's presence caring for you and carrying you through everything that gets thrown at you. He is altogether faithful. Sending love and hugs.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. His grace is more than sufficient for every situation that comes our way. The Father is by your side and I pray that you and your family will trust his perfect will and continue to praise him in this time of uncertainty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH SHERY! My heart is breaking for your terror.. I AM SO SO SO SORRY! I pray all the tests come back clear but I know even if they don't you will beat whatever it is because you have a strong faith and family! Sending HUGE hugs and prayers!!!We will all be here to support you and the business whenever you are ready!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shery, I will definitely be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Your health takes top priority! Thank you for sharing your news with us, and know that we are all pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How frightening for you! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Try to keep focusing on positive thoughts. Have faith in your dr’s and give your worries to God. Don’t worry about any of the blog stuff. God bless you and your family as you go through the next part of this. Love and hugs ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Shery, my heart breaks for you and your family - yes I will pray!
    Blessings of peace for you all
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending heartfelt love, gentle hugs and you and your family are in my prayers Shery x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Shery, So sorry to hear this news. Sending lots of prayers, hugs on your way. Believe in HIM, everything will be alright. A big tight hug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending love and prayers for strength and calm.
    I also sent you an e-mail. Please read!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGoodness, Shery, this brought me to tears. It must have been so hard to share this but I'm glad you did because there is power in prayer, and now you have a lot of people praying for you. You can beat this! I pray several times a day, and I just prayed for you now. I will continue to include you and your family. Miracles happen so please remember that, and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sooooo very sorry to hear this and that you need to go thru cancer, but I wish you all the very best and sending healthy wishes to beat it. I called my chemo infusion days,cancer assination day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Shery, my prayers are with you and your family. Take time to breathe and know you have the support and love of many!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Shery, sending you hugs, strength and courage. My prayers for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Shery, reading this painful news brought me in tears, May God gave you all strength and Hoping all your test results come back clear!
    You and your family in my Prayers and thoughts and sending positive vibes to your way.
    Tight Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shery, I have have been wondering how you are. I will be praying for comfort for you and your family, and knowledge, skill and wisdom for your doctor(s). We don't know what is going to happen, but God does. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." – Romans 8:28 No matter what happens, you know that God has it under control, and has known what will happen before you were even born. He loves you and your family, and He will be with you all. He has promised that He will never leave you nor forsake you. He will be with you, and love you.I'm sure you are drawing even closer to God through this, and you love Him even more.......praying....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry to hear this Shery. I am sending prayers to you and your family. Take care of yourself.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shery, I'll be sending prayers and healing vibes consistently for all of you and your family. Take special card of yourself, including your inner self during this time. Know that we are here to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My heart is aching for you and your family. Keeping you in my thoughts. You're smart enough to know that family is far more important than business, so keep focusing on what is important and don't worry about blog posts and orders.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shery, sending hugs and prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your circle of prayer has expanded worldwide. We will keep you there until you are fully healed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Shery,
    My husband received a very unexpected cancer diagnosis just this morning. I was checking email for a reply from the insurance company and saw notification of this post. The scripture you shared comforted me. God gave me Romans 12:12 yesterday knowing I would need it today: Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer. As I pray for my husband and our family, I will pray for you and for your family, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so sorry to hear this, Sherry. I will be praying for you, your husband, and those sweet little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Shery, I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Blessings on you and your family. Thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Shery, I am so saddened to hear this, and will pray for you & your family. I wish I could hug you so tightly right now. Please know that you are loved and God will see you through this difficult journey. Hugs, Becca xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sending much love, comfort, and prayers for both you and your family. I know it must have been difficult to share this very private information in such an open way. Reading on how you got home was very scary. I know because I drove once in the same kind of situation and barely remember how I made it home. So glad you made it safely and completely understand if you need more time for yourself and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am thinking of you and your family right now Shery, and hoping that the tests show it's not as bad as it could be. As I have three young children of my own, I can't even imagine your worry about how you will all cope with this difficult journey. Praying for you and you girls, and sending you a cyber hug.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Shery, I am so sorry. You and your family will be in my prayers. Please stay strong and have faith. I wish everything to be OK. Sending you a hug from Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hoping all turns out for
    the better. Noone wants
    to go through this. Be
    keeping you in mind.
    Best of luck.
    Carla from Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  31. So sorry to hear your news Shery, sending hugs from NZ

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stay strong and you will sail through this. Lots of love and prayer for you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm sure this has been an extremely overwhelming time for you and your family. I am sending you strength, hugs and all the positive thoughts to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy you got the card, Shery. Know whenever you look at it that I'm keeping you & your family in my heart & prayers. Hugs, Greta

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dear Shery, so sorry to hear this. Sending positive thoughts, hope and strength to you and your family at this difficult time. HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aww dear Shery, I am so sorry, I can't imagine what a difficult time it must be for you. But you are a God fearing person, it's just one of His tests. Your Faith and Will power will sail you through these difficult times. Your two darlings are a proof, that you have to try to be strong. I'll be praying for you and your family. May all the things doctor found, just disappear. God loves you, we love you. Sending warm hugs from India.

    ReplyDelete
  37. So very sorry for what you are going through. You and your family are in my prayers, Shery

    ReplyDelete
  38. Shery, I hate to hear what you have been going through. Stay strong, God is with you. You and your family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Shery, I keep praying for you… May the LORD himself walk with you through this “dark valley” and His power heals you. May the LORD comfort your heart and encourage your family, too. The LORD is faithful. 🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
  40. Shery, just saw this info... and you and your family are now on my prayer list. I pray for healing, comfort and support. Plus encouragement that breaks through the depression and anxiety that often come with such reports. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Father in Heaven is looking over you AND your family, He knows, HE's there for you in these trying times. You are His.. let that be your strength through all this.

    ReplyDelete
  42. My love and best wishes to you Shery as you go through the treatment. Stay strong and know that all of us in blogland are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I just read this post. Prayers for you and family and with God you will fight through this. Stay strong your friends are with you too.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)