Friday, September 26, 2014

{Spotlight Project} Deepti Gets Creative With Stamps And Creates Christmas Wreaths!


Hello, friends! Deepti here and I welcome you to my third spotlight project. I am feeling excited :) I hope I can inspire you yet again. This time I am showcasing how to make the best out of your stamps. I have used STAMPlorations' awesome new release, Vignette: Christmas Block set, and Vignette: Retro Mod Shapes.

So, here's a look at the finished project. Actually, I made two cards. One showcases the result with heat embossing and another with simple stamping. I created Christmas wreaths! I have made a tutorial for the first card.




Here is a step-by-step photo tutorial to showcase the process of making this card.

STEP 1
Take a top-folding card and lightly mark the circle with a pencil using circle dies/ compass. Since the wreath in this card is open at the top, I left a little blank space.


STEP 2
Now use Versamark ink to stamp the small petal stamp from the Retro Mod Shapes set -- once on the inside and another on the outside of the marked pencil circle. Repeat this process on the other side of the circle. You can also use white pigment ink for the same process


STEP 3
Use a white embossing powder to heat emboss these leaves. Next, with a white gel pen, draw the wavy lines in between the leaves to give the look of twigs.



STEP 4
The final process involves decorating the wreath. I used some brads on the wreath. I also stamped and fussy cut the bells to add at the lower end of the wreath. I added a strip of pattern paper on the card base and heat embossed the sentiment from Holiday Sketches: Christmas Bells

Here's the finished card once again :) For the second card, I used a bigger circle die to mark off the edge and stamped the leaves in green, used a marker to make the twigs, and dressed it up with some sequins. The card was photographed in the sunlight.


That finishes my third spotlight project :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy crafting!


Stamps Deepti used in today's project:

      


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing on September 30! You can read more about it here.

18 comments:

  1. I love to see the step by step how Deepti made her card...really creative wreath , I will give a try if I have this stamp set..really much idea we can make with these set...lovely Cards Deepti..hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deepti, I just love your aesthetic. Your talent is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are so beautiful! The little bling is just enough to bring the Christmasspirit! Great cards, as allways inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Deepti! My favorite is the first one - Love how it goes off the edge of the cs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the step by step info Deepti this is fabulous!! But then again everything you do is!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so beautiful! Love the step-by-step tutorial! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful technique to make a gorgeous wreath!! I don't have any wreath stamp and this is a brilliant idea, Thanks for the inspiration! Both of your Christmas cards are fabulous and added few sequins made them elegant too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards ! I loved the stamped one more and wonderful idea to make most out of the stamps,thanks for the step by step tut Deepti !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for showing us the steps to make this card. Love the retro shaped stamps x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet love the way it turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So simple yet lovely. Thanks for showing us how you work. It is great to get inspriation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful, Deepti. Love how you stamped the wreath and also love that you draw the twigs. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards, Deepti! I love them both, but the second one is my favorite. Thanks for the step by step!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deepti, your cards are beautiful and elegant! Thank your for sharing your creative process through the tutorial. And yes, you've definitely inspired us once again.
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really gorgeous cards, Deepti! I love the clever way you added the wavy lines with your pen, and how you added those sweet red gems on the wreath! Love the elegance of the 2nd card, too!
    Thanks so much for the step-by-step tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love repuposed stamps and this is a lovely idea. Thanks for the step by step Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this Deepti!
    I am always amazed with your stamping and creative use of individual stamps. This is an amazing stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cool and amazingly well done!! Thank you for showing your technique to us!!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)