Thursday, September 21, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Create Elegant Cards Using Mixed Media Stamps with Deepti!



Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to another spotlight feature. Though my experience and knowledge in mixed media is limited, I am always attracted towards these stamps and look for ways in which I can use them on CAS cards, before I actually start to use them for mixed media projects... Perhaps someday I will get there ;) So for this spotlight I have used the stamps as a part of my CAS elegant designs :)

Here's the look...


STEP 1
For these cards I first decided the layout. I wanted to use a combo of white and grey card stock. So I cut those in different proportions to fit on my card base as seen below.



STEP 2
I then decided which of the two stamps I will use for the respective layout and embossed those in gold to create a gold brushstroke edge.




STEP 3
 I my second layout I wanted to emboss on both white and grey card stock. To do that I first adhered these pieces temporarily on grid paper and stamped with mixed media stamp once and then rotating it the second time to make a square.




STEP 4
In my next step I die cut the birds from patterned paper and also embossed the floral stamp on vellum in white. I then fussy cut the piece and divided it into two to use on both cards.





Finally, I put all the elements together and finished embellishing with some gold twine and heart pin. Oh! and to add to the elegance I also scored the white panels of these cards :)


Here are the photos of each card :)







That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. Happy paper crafting!

7 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)