Tuesday, December 15, 2015

{Spotlight Project} Pencil Coloring with Cornelia


Hi, Cornelia here today, showing you some pencil coloring of Deepti's wonderful set Lotus Love.



I started out stamping on kraft paper and masking some of the stamps.




I don't throw out my masks. I just stick them onto the plastic sheet to have available for future use.



I then colored in the stamps with white Speedball ink.



After it was dry I lightly colored my little scene with Inktense pencils.



I took a brush with water and blended the colors. Inktense pencils are VERY intense, so use them sparingly.



I then decided splatters are in order and liberally splattered in white, light pink and black (after I used my masks again). Lastly I trimmed of a little bit from the side and mounted it onto white card stock.


Hope you liked this - see you in two weeks!


Stamps Cornelia used in today's project:


Prize alert! Leave a comment in this post for an entry to our Spotlight Projects random drawing for December. We'll pick ONE (1) commenter to win a $10 gift certificate or her choice of 1 ARTplorations stencil. We'll announce the winner in January.

20 comments:

  1. Lovely work here,
    great coloring.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could one possibly avoid liking this? It's really beautiful. Love the way the coloring is softened and kind of ethereal against the kraft. Magical is a good name for the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love love this! I love the stamp set and the goooorgeous colouring. The splatters are just the perfect last touch. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is beautiful and I appreciate your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous is this! Great tutorial! I have never used inktense pencils but they look dynomite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this card is stunning! The effect you've achieved with the inktense pencils is amazing and the splatters just take it to a whole new level. Just brilliant. The tutorial is so clearly presented - thank you.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous coloring, amazing masking and color choices. TFS your tutorial Cornelia. Happy Holidays mf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful - amazing colouring skills too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masking, coloring and love the splatters!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great technique - thanks for sharing.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I really like the effect you got with this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, Cornelia. I'm so glad that once again you make your beautiful cards. This also is unusual. I love her and I'm charmed her. Cute, beautiful, wonderful.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really stunning!! Love the look of the pencils! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. boah ...was fĂĽr ein kleines Kunstwerk !!!!
    Ich liebe Farbe auf Craft !!!
    LG hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, this card is gorgeous and love the POP on Kraft card. I will have to check out the inktense pencils. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks awesome against the kraft background! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)