Monday, February 05, 2018

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Post-It Note Holder by MariLynn


I am going to show you how I made a post it note holder 
that is mixed media and has a vintage look.




I started with a piece of decorative cardstock 3"x3.75"


I used ARTplorations FLORAL FLUTES stencil and took a black permanent ink pen and traced the floral design onto the cardstock.



I then took gold and brown paint. 
I painted the design with gold and used brown on
the sides to shade it.

I placed a faceted rhinestone in the center of the floral design.
I also added maroon paint around the edges to frame
this focal panel. I mixed the maroon paint by using what
little bit of brown was still on the acrylic folder that
I use to squirt the paint onto. and I added a small drop of red paint to the brown.

I took a piece of designer cardstock sized 3.75"x 5" and
placed it onto a piece of kraft colored cardstock sized 4" x 5.5".
I placed distressed metallic brads in the corners.

I put  piece of maroon cardstock at an angle. (sized 3"x3.75")

I used tea bags behind the focal panel and added a twine bow in the corner.

For the base of the holder I took a piece of
kraft cardstock sized 11.25"x 4".
I scored that piece at 2.75", 5.5" and 6".
I then folded along the score lines.
I glued a post it note pad to the inside and 
added glue just to the bottom portion
of the folded cardstock. 
Then I matched the bottom of the above pictured panel
to the glued base.

 This shows how it looks when it is in
easel position.



How it looks closed.


ARTplorations Product used:

2 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)