Wednesday, February 07, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Creates Colourful Butterflies





Hi peeps!  I've been playing with the current STAMP Club stamp and die set, Fluttery, again.  I prepared my card by swooshing and dipping it through Distress Oxides, drying, changing the colours and repeating, and I got these gorgeous colours.




Using the Flourishes stencil I lifted out some of the colour with a damp cloth, then cut the card in half. On the left-hand portion I stamped several butterflies and die-cut them out, as above.

For my card bases I wanted to have a CAS-grungy faded background so I used second- and third-generation stamping in grey:


I selectively inked the stamps without mounting them onto a block so that I could just touch down bits of the stamp where I wanted.  Then - well you know me, I couldn't resist splattering the card fronts with diluted Distress Oxides.


Then it was just a case of choosing which butterflies and which sentiments I wanted.



So from that one little play session I've made two cards and have four butterflies and a couple of sentiments left over for more cards.  Oh, and another piece of Distress Oxide to play with.

You can find all details about the different STAMP Club plans here. And remember, if you try out any of our techniques from our Spotlight posts hook up your project at our Spotlight Project Showcase

From February through April all stamps, stencils and dies (excluding retiring stamps) are 10% off, no coupon needed.  And if you use my code STAMPGIRLSHIRLEY you can get another 20% off.

  



7 comments:

  1. Lovely cards! Love the stamping in the background! Think I’ll have to dig mine out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your DOX's background for your die cut butterflies. Love your grey and white stamped background and a bit of splatters. TFS Shirley. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your grungy backgrounds in gray with the pop of butterfly color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the backgrounds and how you made the fun, colorful butterflies:)

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)