Thursday, February 08, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Chalkboard butterflies with Deepti!


Hello friends! Deepti here and welcome to another spotlight feature. Today I am playing with the newest Stamp Club set "Fluttery". I wanted to explore the idea of chalkboard and butterflies, so that's what I did with a pop of color . Let me show you what I made.
Here's the look...




PHOTO TUTORIAL
I have shown a step by step photo tutorial to showcase the process of making this ...

Step 1 - I took a black card stock and stamped the butterflies in white ink diagonally across and off the edge to create some movement. I also smeared some white ink with my finger to give authentic chalkboard look.


Step 2 - I stamped and fuzzy cut 3 more images on a white card stock. I fuzzy cut the butterflies right along the stamped edge and went over with a black marker on the edge to hide any white.


Step 3 - I then colored these butterflies in bright colors using my Prismacolor Pencils.

Step 4 - To add some more detail, I stamped some text along the edge of the black card stock and also stamped the sentiment.
Finally I adhered it all together, layered the butterfly with some foam adhesive

Here is a look into the card one more time.

I have used Fluttery and Mixed Media Elements
preview-Fluttery  SheryRuss_MixedMediaElements
That finishes my spotlight feature :) I hope you enjoyed it and will give this a try. If you try out any of our techniques from our Spotlight posts hook up your project at our Spotlight Project Showcase.
Happy paper crafting!

12 comments:

  1. Love this. The brights against the chalkboard are so striking. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. The bright colours really pop against the black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous chalkboard technique butterfly card, Dee. I have been loving all the samples by the DT using the Fluttery Set. TFS Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card - love how the text adds just so much to the overall effect of this stunning card
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, I so love the butterflies. I am a new follower! WOW some amazing projects! You will see a lot more of me in future.
    Hugs
    Linda
    http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning card - thanks for sharing your techniques:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deepti, this card is so beautiful.
    Love th chalkboard background look with colorful butterfiles.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)