Tuesday, February 27, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Maria Spotlights Stretching your Stamps


Hi STAMPlorations peeps! Well after my epic bokeh fail in my last Spotlight post I'm keeping it sweet and simple and quite white in today's project. You've probably seen me stretch my stamps before. Most recently it seems I'm constantly abusing Shirley's poor snowman for his wonderful organic snowball shapes ;) That, combined with the Trendy Spring Blooms dies that were on my desk for my last Spotlight, led me to this flower design.


STEP 1
Gathered my supplies - stamp sets, dies, cardbase and distress inks.

STEP 2
Die cut the front of my one-layer card and positioned it for stamping in my MISTI.

STEP 3
Positioned the stamp in the negative space, closed the MISTI door to pick up the stamp and then stamped it in black exactly where I needed it to be on the inside of the one-layer card. Thanks, MISTI!

STEP 4
Then to start my "petals", I nestled the small snowball stamp between two of the petals stamped on the inside of the card, picked it up on the MISTI door and stamped. TIP: I decided ahead of time that I wanted the warm colors up top, the cooler colors on the bottom of the flower.


STEP 5
So then I used my color wheel knowledge and stamped the blue petal directly across from the orange one. After that, I proceeded to fill in the other petals working my way around the color wheel.

 STEP 6
Went back in with the snowball outline stamp in black.

And voila! A hand drawn tiny stem and leaves finished off my card. I included a birthday sentiment on the inside of the card.



Thanks for coming by today. Should you try out any of the techniques, like stretching your stamps, from our Spotlight posts hook up your project at our Spotlight Project Showcase And all non-retiring products are currently 10% off in the store. Use my STAMPGIRLMARIA code for an additional 20% off!

7 comments:

  1. way cool, great use of the stamps and dies Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such clever and fun ways to use your die cut flower and Layered Snowman stamps, Maria. I love your hand drawn leaf and stem to finish off your colorful flower. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very clever you are here Maria. Thinking way out the box here. Such a cool colourful card you created and with the tiny hand drawn stem. Goes to show how versatile our stamps are. A real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! Love the mix of stamps but really love the bright colors,of,the flower! Also,love that a sentiment is not on the front...that flowers needs all,of the attention!

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)