Sunday, July 26, 2026

creative tip of the day | let the sentiment become the focal point

Sometimes, words are the art work. When I designed the Typografia: In Faith stamp collection 9 years ago, I wanted the Bible verses to be more than just sentiments tucked into the corner of a card. I wanted the words themselves to become part of the artwork.


For these four cards, I paired our Spring Florals A2 Card Fronts with four different Typografia: In Faith stamps: Be Strong, Love the Lord, Thy Word is a Lamp, and Delight in the Lord. I also added a few subtle mixed media marks using one of the Art Marks 3 stamps before stamping each Bible verse in black.

The result is a clean, meaningful design where the Scripture naturally becomes the focal point.

How to Get the Look


These cards came together surprisingly quickly. I first stamped one of the Art Marks texture stamps directly onto each card front. The texture is subtle, but it adds just enough visual interest without competing with the sentiment.

Next, I stamped a different Typografia: In Faith Bible verse over each background using black archival ink. After that, I simply rounded the corners, adhered each card front to an A2 card base, paired it with an envelope, and slipped everything into a cello bag.

Sometimes the simplest designs really are the most satisfying.

Why We Love It


One of the things I love about this combination is how each product has a different job.
  • The Spring Florals A2 Card Fronts provide the beautiful watercolor background and soft color palette.
  • The Art Marks 3 stamp adds that subtle mixed media texture that gives the cards a little extra depth.
  • Then each of the Typografia: In Faith stamp takes center stage, allowing God's Word to become the artwork itself.
Because every layer has a purpose, the finished cards don't need ribbons, gems, or lots of embellishments to feel complete.

Creative Takeaway


When you're working with beautifully designed typography stamps, don't feel like you have to surround them with lots of decorative elements. Sometimes the strongest design comes from letting the words speak for themselves. A colorful background, a little texture, and a meaningful sentiment are often all you need to create a card that's elegant, heartfelt, and easy to reproduce.

These four cards took only a short time to make, yet they're ready to give -- or, in my case, ready for my upcoming maker's market :o)

A STAMPlorations Classic


The 
Typografia: In Faith collection has been part of the STAMPlorations family for almost a decade. I designed these Bible verse stamps to celebrate Scripture through expressive typography, transforming familiar verses into meaningful focal points for handmade cards, Bible journaling, and other paper crafting projects. Some designs never go out of style -- and for me, these are among them.

Keep Your Creativity Flowing


If you enjoy creating cards like these, our subscriptions make it easy to keep your supplies fresh all year long. With the Card Fronts VIP Subscription, you choose one Card Fronts pack every month and receive free worldwide shipping.

Want even more variety? Our Paper Goods VIP Subscription lets US customers choose any four paper goods products each month with free shipping. Mix and match card fronts, collage paper, ATCs, ephemera, and more to keep your projects fresh and your creativity flowing.

Create boldly. Create creatively. Create with STAMPlorations.

2 comments:

  1. These are simply fabulous! I send a hand made card to my cousin every month for her to display (with a meaningful message on the front) and she would L*O*V*E these!! I love these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and any plans to make these into sticker sets? Maybe 3 sets of 4 different scriptures? hint hint LOL My sister and SIL would also love these.

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)