it's Tanja here and I would like to share a new Step-by-Step Tutorial with you.
If you are interested in the products I used or other STAMPlorations, ARTplorations or CUTplorations products, I have a special treat for you: use the discount code STAMPGIRLTANJA and get 20% off on all stamps, stencils, and dies.
- this DIY multi surface Art Journal contains a Textured Surface, Glossy Cardstock, Canvas, Manila Cardstock, Patterned Paper, Kraft Cardstock, Watercolor Paper and Black Cardstock
- the front and the back cover are cut from sturdy watercolor paper
- I used the new CUTplorations Lacy Edges/Borders dies for the right/bottom edge of the pages
- in this post I will show you how I created the front cover
- trace one of the hearts from the ARTplorations Zen Hearts stencil with a Memento Dual Brush Pen (London Fog)
- color the image with ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Pens
- add shading with a Distress Marker (Hickory Smoke) and a black Stabilo All Pencil
- create a background with Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean) and a wet watercolor brush
- pick up some left-over ink from the craft sheet to add droplets
- ink up the edges with Distress Ink (Salty Ocean)
- add some more texture by stamping elements from the STAMPlorations Scribbly Splattery Grunge set with that same blue ink
- stamp "# CREATIVE" from the STAMPlorations Bold Sentiments: Hashtag Authentic set with Versafine (Onyx Black) - I used my MISTI to get a very crisp impression on the textured watercolor paper
I hope you got inspired.