Thursday, February 16, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Cornelia Puts The Spotlight On A Pop-up Card

Hi, Cornelia here today, showing you how to make a pop-up card.


You may already know how to do that, or perhaps you own special dies to make one. I have never made one and this was on my to do list now for quite a while.....So I gave it a try. It is quite easy.

My STAMPlorations supplies:
preview-Tweet Love     SheryRuss_PartyTime-web-preview

I started out cutting a card base 5 1/2 by 8.5 inches  and scored it in the center to get an A2 card.


I laid my dies onto it to get an idea where to cut and how wide the cuts should be. I folded the card over and marked my cuts. The deeper you cut, the further away from the base your figures/animals or what ever you choose to put there will be.


I cut my marks with a scissor and then you fold the cut the opposite way your card is folded, so you get those squares to stick out.


I die cut and colored the giraffe, elephant and balloons and glued them to those squares.



That's how the card looks when it is folded.


I then stamped the sentiment inside - would be easier I you do that first.....




And I took a piece of PP from the same 6x6 block of papers and covered the outside to hide those cuts and indentations. Added another sentiment to make it look more like a card.


I hope you liked this and perhaps you'll give it a try!


Remember if you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, make sure to hook your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase gallery.


See you in March!

9 comments:

  1. How super sweet and I love the pop up part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial! I guess I need to try it out myself now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reminding me of this technique - I may need to use it shortly!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK! Exponentially cute! I can just visualize my niece or nephew opening this and the look of surprise when the critters pop up! Thank you for the how-to; another 'must try'!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)