Want to win up to $40 worth of STAMPlorations products just by creating a free store account and filling up your wishlist with the products you want? If yes, check out the Giving Thanks Wishlist Linky Party and link up! (ends 11/30)
***

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

{Spotlight Project} Shirley Goes On A Hashtag Spree




I've been playing with all the hashtag words in the February 2017 stamp club set, Hello You


I laid them in two rows on an acrylic block then stamped across a kraft panel with Versamark.


You'll observe that the stamping isn't very neat! Fortunately it was just going to be a background. I embossed it with clear powder before sponging Old Paper Distress Ink through the Just Squares stencil.


Then I diecut a panel of white card using the Art Edges CUTplorations die. I stamped and fussy cut the mobile phone and watercoloured it with Hickory Smoke.


I had to perform a bit of stamp surgery because my panel was too narrow to accommodate the "It's been a while" sentiment on one line. I stapled the panel to the background then mounted it onto my card base.


I like the contrast of hashtags/mobile phone and good old-fashioned notepaper :)

If you try out any of the techniques from our Spotlight posts, link up your project up at our Spotlight Project Showcase.


7 comments:

  1. Stamping surgery looks great. Fabulous card and thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! Love how you "made" your own pp using the stamped words! Great idea cutting the stamps to fit your card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice :) will have to try this :) thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - the textural and colour contrasts are great
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from fellow crafters! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...