Monday, February 06, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Fear Will Get You Nowhere by Sanna


Hello everyone, Sanna here again today with an art journal spread created using several STAMPlorations stencils. Someone recently broke into our home which was a very unpleasant experience. I have been going through various emotions since then and creating this art journal spread helped me to deal with those emotions. Here is what I created:

And this is how I created the spread:

1. I first applied yellow and light orange tones with a foam brush onto the journal sheets very randomly.
2. Next I added pink, magenta and orange acrylic paint tones thru various ARTplorations stencil over the first paint layer. After every layer I let the paint dry properly before moving over to the next one.
3. Next I took heavy body acrylic paint and applied that with a palette knife thru the stencils onto the page.
4. Finally I used a foam stamp with acrylic paint and stamped green leaf patterns onto the surface.
5. After that I added random black stamp images here and there for interest.
6. Then I drew the letters onto the background and started to paint the background around them blue. That makes the letters/the word stand out from the background.
7. When the background was dry, I outlined the letters with a white pen and punched circles from a leftover misted paper piece.
8. I adhered the punched half circles on the top and bottom of the pages for additional fun detail and dabbed some white acrylic paint thru a raindrop stencil here and there. Finally I added alpha stickers to build a full sentiment and added a date. I always add a date to an art journal sheet, as my pages always have something to do with my current feelings. It´s in a way something like an art diary for me.


I also recorded a start-to-finish video about my creating process for better insight. Hope you enjoy it!


Happy crafting,
Sanna

ARTplorations stencils used: 

4 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)