Friday, December 15, 2017

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Christmas Gift Card Envelope by Melissa

  
Hello and Merry Christmas!

Are you in need of a last minute Christmas gift or 2? Still feeling a little crafty?

It's not too late to make a beautiful and useful gift card holder.

 I hope that you enjoy seeing the process I used to create this gift card envelope and are inspired to do a little crafting of your own.






I used the following STAMPlorations products for this tutorial:  


1. I started by die cutting the envelope out of heavy white card stock and stamping the poinsettia in embossing ink. 




2. I then heat embossed with gold embossing powder.






 3. I stamped and heat embossed 2 more flowers.
 4. I stamped the flower a fourth time. This time on removable sticky label. Then, I fussy cut the flower out to make a mask.
 







5.  I masked off the flower and sponged yellow distress ink around the flower.  I also added a bit of yellow ink to the 2 other flowers.





 6. Then, I added more color to the envelope. I used the negative part of my mask to add red spritz and added some silver as well.




7. I removed the mask.
 8. I added color to the poinsettias, fussy cut some petals and assembled them together.




9. I added some more red spritz. 
10. I re-masked the flower.
11. Then I added white texture paste through the stencil.


   
12. I removed the mask and added red glitter glue, 


 flecks of shaved off Gelatos and some Glossy Accents.
 13. I added double-sided tape to close the sides and bottom.




 

That's all I have for you for today. I hope that you enjoyed this tutorial and look forward to reading your comments.
I hope that you have a blessed Christmas.
Thanks for stopping by!

Grace & Peace,
melissastamplorationsdtbadge 


ARTplorations/CUTplorations/STAMPlorations products:
    

13 comments:

  1. wow! thanks for the instructions, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its so nice!
    happy holidays!🎄🎅⛄
    hugs , Fiki

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous and super cool...just like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious, so beautiful and textural. Such fabulous techniques and absolutely amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hallo Melissa, Der Geschenkkartenhalter sieht ja einzigartig aus. Wunderschön.
    Ich wünsche Dir einen schönen 3. Advent.
    Liebe GrĂĽĂźe Beate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hallo Beate. Vielen Dank fĂĽr Ihr freundliches Kompliment. Ich wĂĽnsche Ihnen viel Freude in dieser Weihnachtszeit.

      Delete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)