Friday, January 05, 2018

{Mixed Media Tutorial} Wall Hanging by MariLynn



Hello, Happy New Year 2018. I hope that this year brings you blessings and that you have lots of opportunity to make art. I am going to share with you a project that I made.
It is a wall hanging. 



I started with a little wooden circle.

I cut a piece of designer paper to match the circle's size and cut it out and glued it to the wooden circle. Don't you like the vintage look of this paper?




I then used the STAMPlorations set called  TRENDY BUTTERFLIES to stamp butterflies and a sentiment onto the circle.

I really wanted the butterflies and sentiment to stand out so I outlined them with a black ink pen.



I used gold metallic rub and ARTplorations stencil called

I used a hot glue gun to glue little white pearls around the edge of the circle. Then I took some white netting and tied it in the center making it like a bow. I then hot glued the netting to the back of the circle.


 I had a pile of used tea bags that I had cut apart and dried. I folded them into triangles.

 I tucked the folded tea bags between the wooden circle and the netting.

I glued  a clothespin to the back of the circle and I also added a length of twine with a little plastic key.

Here is the finished project.

STAMPlorations/ARTplorations products used:
  

6 comments:

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)