Tuesday, March 20, 2018

{Spotlight Project} Becca No-Line Watercolors with Distress Inks



One of my favorite things about Distress Inks (and why I don't really own any other kind of ink in my crafting collection) is their versatility. You can do SO many things with them.


Not only can you stamp regularly, you can also use water to create a whole host of techniques with them. Today, I'm going to showcase how to watercolor, simply. 



I stamped the gorgeous little flowers from the Fluttery stamp set using Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Because the ink is water reactive, it's very easy to pull the color in using just a little bit of water. You can shade very easily using this method.



Distress Oxides also work like watercolors, but the finish on it is matte and looks slightly chalky. I smudged some Distress Oxide on a craft mat and picked the color up with a paintbrush, using it like any watercolors.



Can I just pause for a brief moment and gush over the new coordinating Fluttery Dies? I just adooooooore the little labels you can make with them because they are PERFECT for sentiments. All the sentiments in the Fluttery set fit so swimmingly on these labels!



I finished my card with a little shabby chicness, adding a doily and a few coordinating bits and bobs. 

I'd love to see what you make with Distress Ink watercoloring, and if you try this technique make sure to link it up in the Spotlight Gallery so we can ooooh and ahhhh over it.

10 comments:

  1. My Distress Inks and Distress Oxide Inks are my go to inks too. I love them with any watercoloring techniques. TFS your softly water colored pot and flowers, Becca. Fun the way you added a bit of shabby chic to your finished card too. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card! Thanks for the little tutorial on using the inks as watercolors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely - interesting idea - I will have to try with my Distress inks - I do not have any Oxide Inks - need to add those to my supplies - TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute card...kind of olde worlde and shabby ..love it Shery !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card distress inks are my favourite medium to color with !

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the composition of this lovely card - thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Becca - and thanks for the tip of drawing the colour in from the stamped edges with water!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Spammers have been in full force lately so I had to turn comment moderation on. We love hearing from fellow crafters (not spammers), so your comment will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with us :o)